Jade Holland Cooper
Jade Holland Cooper
Jade Abigail Cooper
Ipswich, Suffolk, England
|Education||Ipswich High School for Girls|
|Alma mater||Royal Agricultural College (dropped out)|
Her father, Oliver Cooper, is a farmer in Suffolk, and her mother, Miranda (née Holland), worked in London and Paris as a designer, making clothes for Elton John, amongst others. She was born on the family farm, Manor Farm, in Elmsett, near Hadleigh.
Oliver Cooper grew up on Great Bricett Hall Farm, including the grade I listed farmhouse Great Bricett Hall in the village of Great Bricett, Suffolk. It was home to his father Rupert Cooper, who died in October 2017, aged 96. The estate, including 415 acres of land, was listed for sale in June 2018 at £4.65 million.
She was educated at Ipswich High School for Girls, then studied international equine and agriculture management at the Royal Agricultural College in Cirencester, but dropped out to start a career in fashion.
She started by having an outworker employed by her mother make 30 tweed miniskirts, with leather and suede additions, which she found in her mother's old design studio in a farm outbuilding, and sold them all from a stall at Badminton Horse Trials.
- England & Wales, Civil Registration Birth Index, 1916-2007
- Kelly, Liam (27 May 2018). "How I made it: Jade Holland Cooper, founder of Holland Cooper". Retrieved 19 August 2018 – via www.thetimes.co.uk.
- "Fashion entrepreneur Jade Holland Cooper on her Scottish influences". scotsman.com. Retrieved 19 August 2018.
- "Jade Holland Cooper on building a £10 million fashion brand". The Week Portfolio. Retrieved 19 August 2018.
- Jarvis, Katie. "Interview with Jade Holland Cooper, founder and designer of Holland Cooper Clothing". cotswoldlife.co.uk. Retrieved 20 August 2018.
- "Bright young thing: Jade Holland Cooper". suffolkmag.co.uk. Retrieved 19 August 2018.
- Chambers, Sarah. "'A lovely little bit of Suffolk with this huge heritage': historic farm up for sale". eadt.co.uk. Retrieved 20 August 2018.
- Gaw, Matt. "Stowmarket: Do you know which Suffolk Tory preserved the dog end of Winston Churchill's cigar?". eadt.co.uk. Retrieved 20 August 2018.
- "RUPERT BIRCHENALL COOPER - Death - East Anglian Daily Times Announcements - Family Notices 24". www.familynotices24.co.uk. Retrieved 20 August 2018.
- Savage, Michael (18 August 2018). "Julian Dunkerton: the man who gave £1m to the People's Vote campaign". The Guardian. Retrieved 18 August 2018.
- Krayem-Wood, Sam. "In pictures: Jade Holland Cooper and Julian Dunkerton celebrate birth of baby girl". Stroud News & Journal. Retrieved 13 January 2021.