James Forsyth (journalist)
James Forsyth (born 1981) is a British political journalist and political editor of The Spectator magazine. He is also a weekly columnist for The Times on a Friday, previously writing for The Sun on Saturdays and previously the Mail on Sunday.
|Born||1981 (age 39–40)|
|Alma mater||Jesus College, Cambridge|
|Known for||The Spectator|
Mail on Sunday
Forsyth joined Foreign Policy magazine as assistant editor before launching Coffee House, The Spectator's political blog in 2007. He was appointed deputy editor, online, of The Spectator in 2008 and political editor in 2009.
Forsyth has been married to the journalist Allegra Stratton since 2011. She was appointed as the Downing Street Press Secretary under Prime Minister Boris Johnson in November 2020. They live in Canonbury, Islington with their two children. He is close friends with Chancellor of the Exchequer Rishi Sunak; they were contemporaries at Winchester College and are godparents to each other's children.
- Silverman, Rosa (9 October 2020). "Who is Allegra Stratton – the woman set to be Boris's press secretary?". The Telegraph. Telegraph Media Group. Retrieved 10 October 2020. (subscription required)
- Forsyth, James. "Boris Johnson's great climate change challenge". ISSN 0140-0460. Retrieved 7 March 2021.
- "Articles by James Forsyth | The Spectator Journalist". Muck Rack.
- Edwardes, Charlotte (1 August 2020). "Meet the chancellor: the real Rishi Sunak, by the people who know him best". The Times. (subscription required)
- "Thursday 20th February – Wednesday 26th February 2020". Compass. 20 February 2020.
- "James Forsyth - Advisory Board Member". ResPublica. Archived from the original on 6 October 2014.
- "Author: James Forsyth". Coffee House. Retrieved 3 September 2018.
- "Welcome to the liveliest of coffee houses — online". The Spectator.[dead link]
- Conlan, Tara (31 January 2008). "Spectator rejigs team as Reid retires". The Guardian. Guardian Media Group.
- Tryhorn, Chris (5 October 2009). "James Forsyth named Spectator political editor". The Guardian.
- "Britain and Immigration - which way forward?". ResPublica. 29 September 2014. Retrieved 3 September 2018.
- "The Londoner: Co-anchor Allegra Stratton departs Peston". Evening Standard. ESI Media. 16 April 2018. Retrieved 26 April 2020.
- "Allegra Stratton's My London". Evening Standard. 28 March 2013. Retrieved 31 December 2014.