James McPhie (25 August 1920 – 24 February 2002) was a Scottish footballer who played for and managed Falkirk. He played as a full-back for Falkirk either side of the Second World War, with guest appearances for Preston North End and Reading. McPhie played in one wartime international for Scotland in November 1945 (the war had ended, but official competitions had yet to resume), and represented the Scottish League once, in 1948. He retired as a player in 1953.
|Full name||James McPhie|
|Date of birth||25 August 1920|
|Place of birth||Bonnybridge, Scotland|
|Date of death||24 February 2002 81)(aged|
|Place of death||Falkirk, Scotland|
|1948||Scottish League XI||1||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
- No Falkirk FC Grave - Jimmy McPhie Falkirk Historian, 5 June 2013
- Jim McPhie at Post War English & Scottish Football League A–Z Player's Database
- John Litster (October 2012). "A Record of pre-war Scottish League Players". Scottish Football Historian magazine. Cite journal requires
- "[Scotland player, including unofficial matches] James McPhie". London Hearts Supporters' Club. Retrieved 4 July 2020.
- "[SFL player] James McPhie". London Hearts Supporters' Club. Retrieved 4 July 2020.
- (Falkirk manager) McPhie, James, FitbaStats