|Full name||James Harty Frew|
|Date of birth||21 May 1892|
|Place of birth||Kinghorn, Scotland|
|Date of death||27 April 1967 74)(aged|
|Place of death||Leeds, England|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
While at Hearts, he made one appearance for Scotland in an unofficial wartime international in 1916 with club teammate Willie Wilson. By that time both men had enlisted in 'McCrae's Battalion' of the Royal Scots, and Frew also served in the Royal Garrison Artillery during the conflict.
For Leeds United he made 96 appearances in the Football League; he also made 3 appearances in the FA Cup.
- Frost, Terry (1988). Bradford City A Complete Record 1903-1988. Breedon Books Sport. ISBN 0-907969-38-0.
- "The lure of promotion. Leeds United". Athletic News. Manchester. 13 August 1923. p. 6.
- "Hearts player James H Frew". Londonhearts.com. London Hearts Supporters' Club. Retrieved 10 April 2017.
- "Profile". ozwhitelufc.net.au. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- Frost, p. 396
- "Profile". Londonhearts.com. London Hearts Supporters' Club. Retrieved 10 April 2017.
- "Heart of Midlothian & the Great War". Retrieved 10 April 2017.
- "History 1914-1924". official website. Heart of Midlothian F.C. Archived from the original on 20 March 2017. Retrieved 10 April 2017.
- "Profile". leeds-fans.org.uk. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- Frost, p. 382