Joe O'Connor (snooker player)
|Born||8 November 1995|
|Highest ranking||42 (February 2021)|
|62 (as of 4 May 2021)|
2020 Championship League
|Best ranking finish||Semi-finals (2019 Welsh Open)|
Ahead of the 2018–19 season, O'Connor defeated Brandon Sargeant 4–1 and then Oliver Brown 4–0 to secure a two-year professional tour card for the first time at the 2018 EBSA Play-Offs at the English Institute of Sport in Sheffield.
In June 2018, he beat Andrew Norman 10–3 to become the English Amateur Champion before turning professional.
Performance and rankings timeline
|European Masters||Not Held||A||A||LQ||LQ||3R|
|English Open||Not Held||A||LQ||1R||2R||3R|
|Championship League||Non-Ranking Event||RR|
|Northern Ireland Open||Not Held||A||A||1R||2R||1R|
|Scottish Open||Not Held||A||A||1R||3R||2R|
|World Grand Prix||NH||NR||DNQ||DNQ||DNQ||DNQ||DNQ||DNQ|
|Gibraltar Open||Not Held||MR||1R||1R||1R||1R||1R|
|WST Pro Series||Tournament Not Held||RR|
|Tour Championship||Tournament Not Held||DNQ||DNQ||DNQ|
|Former ranking tournaments|
|Wuxi Classic||A||1R||Tournament Not Held|
|Australian Goldfields Open||A||LQ||LQ||Tournament Not Held|
|Paul Hunter Classic||Minor-Ranking||A||3R||3R||NR||NH|
|Indian Open||A||LQ||NH||A||A||LQ||Not Held|
|China Open||A||1R||A||A||A||2R||Not Held|
|China Championship||Not Held||NR||A||LQ||1R||NH|
|World Open||A||Not Held||A||A||LQ||LQ||NH|
|Performance Table Legend|
|LQ||lost in the qualifying draw||#R||lost in the early rounds of the tournament
(WR = Wildcard round, RR = Round robin)
|QF||lost in the quarter-finals|
|SF||lost in the semi-finals||F||lost in the final||W||won the tournament|
|DNQ||did not qualify for the tournament||A||did not participate in the tournament||WD||withdrew from the tournament|
|NH / Not Held||means an event was not held.|
|NR / Non-Ranking Event||means an event is/was no longer a ranking event.|
|R / Ranking Event||means an event is/was a ranking event.|
|MR / Minor-Ranking Event||means an event is/was a minor-ranking event.|
- It shows the ranking at the beginning of the season.
- He was an amateur.
- New players on the Main Tour don't have a ranking.
- The event was called the Players Tour Championship Grand Finals (2011/2012–2012/2013) and the Players Championship Grand Final (2013/2014—2015/2016)
- The event was called the Riga Open (2014/2015–2015/2016)
- The event was called the Haikou World Open (2013/2014)
Amateur finals: 1 (1 title)
|Outcome||No.||Year||Championship||Opponent in the final||Score|
|Winner||1.||2018||English Amateur Championship||Andrew Norman||10–3|
- "UK Snooker: Joe O'Connor to man up for crack at champion Neil Robertson". York Press.
- "Joe O'Connor awaits Mark Selby tie at UK Championship". 12 November 2015 – via www.bbc.co.uk.
- "UK Championship 2014: Neil Robertson test excites O'Connor". 26 November 2014 – via www.bbc.co.uk.
- "Reports from the English Amateur Tour 2017/18 – EASB". www.easb.co.uk.
- "Clarke and O'Connor Win EBSA Play-Offs - WPBSA". www.wpbsa.com.
- "Ranking History". Snooker.org. Retrieved 6 February 2011.