Juventus F.C. Under-23
Juventus Football Club Under-23, also known as Juventus U23 or colloquially as Juventus B, is a professional football club based in Turin, Piedmont, Italy, which acts as the reserve team of Serie A club Juventus. Juventus U23 play their home games at the Stadio Giuseppe Moccagatta in Alessandria, a comune about 100 km away from Turin.
|Full name||Juventus Football Club Under-23|
|Short name||Juve U23|
|Founded||3 August 2018|
|Ground||Stadio Giuseppe Moccagatta|
|League||Serie C Group A|
|2020–21||Serie C Group A, 10th of 20|
|Active teams of Juventus F.C.|
Founded in 2018, Juventus U23 competes in Serie C, the third level of the Italian football league system. The team plays in the same professional league system as their senior team, rather than a separate league dedicated for youth teams. However, the reserve team cannot play in the same division or higher as their senior team, nor in the Coppa Italia, currently making Juventus U23 ineligible for promotion to the Serie A. Juventus U23 have won a Coppa Italia Serie C, in the 2019–20 season, after beating Ternana in the final.
Juventus U23 were founded on 3 August 2018, following the reintroduction of reserve teams in Italian football after over sixty years, and was officially admitted to the Serie C championship. The club cannot play in the same division—or higher—as their senior team, nor can they compete in the Coppa Italia.
On 21 August, Luca Zanimacchia became the first scorer of the team's history after scoring the only goal in a 1–0 win over Cuneo in the group stage of the Coppa Italia Serie C. Juventus U23's first game in Serie C was a 1–2 away defeat to Alessandria, with Claudio Zappa scoring the team's first league goal. Juventus U23 ended their first season in 12th place with 42 points in 37 games, and were eliminated in the group stage of the Coppa Italia Serie C.
On 27 June 2020, Juventus U23 beat Ternana 2–1 in the 2019–20 Coppa Italia Serie C final, winning their first trophy in their second year as a professional club. Despite finishing 10th in the league, Juventus U23 gained direct access to the third round of promotion play-offs by virtue of their cup win. After beating Padova 2–0, Juventus U23 reached the fourth round where they drew 2–2 to Carrarese. Due to the opponent's higher placement in the regular reason, they advanced to the Final Four, and Juventus U23 were eliminated.
Season to season
|Season||League||Coppa Italia Serie C|
|2018–19||3||Serie C||12th of 20||Group stage|
|2019–20||10th of 20||Champions|
|2020–21||10th of 20||Cancelled|
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
|Head coach||Lamberto Zauli|
|Assistant coach||Mirko Conte|
|Athletic coach|| Stefano Cellio|
|Goalkeeper coach||Cristiano Lupatelli|
|Match Analyst||Alessio Varzi|
|Doctor|| Andrea Marchini|
|Healthcare professional|| Marco Casalis|
|Rehabilitator|| Luca Margaglia|
Last updated: 13 December 2020
Below is a list of Juventus U23 managers from 2018 until the present day.
- "La seconda squadra bianconera è realtà!". Juventus.com. 3 August 2018. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- "Ammissione Seconda Squadra Juventus FC - Campionato Serie C" (PDF). Figc.it. 3 August 2018. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- "Serie C, determinato il regolamento per l'iscrizione della Juventus U23 al torneo 2020-21 - TUTTOmercatoWEB.com". www.tuttomercatoweb.com (in Italian). Retrieved 29 September 2020.
- "Juventus Under 23-Cuneo 1-0". Goal.com. 21 August 2018. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- "Juventus II vs. Alessandria - 16 September 2018 - Soccerway". uk.soccerway.com. Retrieved 4 January 2020.
- "Summary - Serie C - Italy - Results, fixtures, tables and news - Soccerway". us.soccerway.com. Retrieved 4 January 2020.
- "Under23 ancora imbattuta ma non basta". Juventus.com. Retrieved 4 January 2020.
- JuventusNews24, Redazione (27 June 2020). "Ternana-Juventus U23 1-2: bianconeri nella storia, è trionfo in Coppa Italia!". Juventus News 24 (in Italian). Retrieved 27 June 2020.
- "Serie C, Coppa Italia: trionfa la Juventus Under 23, Ternana battuta 2-1". la Repubblica (in Italian). 27 June 2020. Retrieved 13 July 2020.
- JuventusNews24, Redazione (9 July 2020). "Juventus U23-Padova 2-0: orgoglio in dieci, bianconeri avanti nei playoff!". Juventus News 24 (in Italian). Retrieved 13 July 2020.
- "LIVE TJ - Carrarese-Juventus U23 2-2: bianconeri eliminati. Termina la splendida stagione dei ragazzi di Pecchia". Tutto Juve (in Italian). Retrieved 13 July 2020.
- Juventus.com. "Under 23". Juventus.com. Retrieved 3 September 2020.