|Full name||Kane Vincent-Young|
|Date of birth||15 March 1996|
|Place of birth||Camden, London, England|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 21:21, 4 May 2021 (UTC)|
Vincent-Young progressed through the Academy at Tottenham Hotspur, spending seven years at the North London club before being released in 2014. He briefly played for Banbury United in 2014 before he joined Colchester United's Academy for the 2014–15 season. He made his professional debut for the club in August 2015. He spent four seasons at The U's, making over one hundred appearances before joining Ipswich Town in 2019.
Born in Camden, London, Vincent-Young joined the Tottenham Hotspur Academy when he was 11 years old. He was on the books at Tottenham for 7 years, where he progressed through the club's youth system before he was released in July 2014 at the end of his youth scholarship. Following his release from Tottenham, he had a short spell with Southern League Premier Division side Banbury United, for whom he made two appearances in August 2014.
After a trial with League One side Colchester United, Vincent-Young signed a one-year development contract with the club's Academy on 23 September 2014. After impressing in the Colchester under-21 side, he made his first away trip with the first-team on 20 December 2014 as Colchester beat Yeovil Town 2–0, featuring on the bench but not receiving any game time.
Vincent-Young featured regularly during Colchester's pre-season preparations for the 2015–16 season. He played for the full 90 minutes during three first-team pre-season friendlies and was selected in manager Tony Humes' squad to face Blackpool for the opening day fixture. He came off the bench to make his professional debut on 8 August, replacing Matthew Briggs at left-back on 79 minutes in the 2–2 draw. Following his debut, he signed a two-year contract extension with the club on 14 August. In the absence of Briggs for the visit of Oldham Athletic on 18 August, Vincent-Young made his first competitive start for the club at the Colchester Community Stadium, helping his side to their first clean sheet of the season and playing the full 90 minutes.
After eight League One appearances for Colchester, Vincent-Young suffered an Achilles injury which ruled him out of action for two months. He made his return from injury on 12 December as a second-half substitute for Matthew Briggs during Colchester's 3–2 home defeat by Barnsley. He ended the season with 16 appearances in his maiden campaign.
Vincent-Young made regular first-team appearances for Colchester during the 2016–17 season, playing 18 times in League Two and making a further five appearances in cup competitions. He signed a one-year contract extension with the club on 29 June 2017.
Vincent-Young scored his first professional goal on 26 August 2017 in Colchester's 5–1 win against Forest Green Rovers. This goal won the club's 'Goal of the Year' award at the annual end of season dinner, while he also won the club's 'Young Player of the Year' award. He made 41 appearances for Colchester across the season, his highest figure to date.
With his contract at Colchester now expired, Vincent-Young joined up with Ipswich Town on trial for their pre-season training camp in Spain in July 2018. He later returned to the U's and featured in a number of pre-season friendly fixtures for the club before signing a new two-year contract on 6 August. He made 44 appearances in all competitions over the course of the 2018–19 season, scoring 3 goals, including the winner in a 1–0 win over Cambridge United at the Abbey Stadium.
On 19 August 2019, Vincent-Young signed for Ipswich Town for an undisclosed fee, signing a four-year deal, with the option of an additional year extension. He made his debut for the club in a 0–5 away win over Bolton Wanderers at the University of Bolton Stadium, on 24 August 2019. He scored his first goal for the club on 21 September 2019, netting the winner in a 0–1 away win over Gillingham at the Priestfield Stadium. He scored his second goal for the club in the following game, scoring the fourth goal in a 4–1 home win over Tranmere Rovers at Portman Road. Vincent-Young's form earned him the PFA Fans' League One Player of the Month award for September. In November 2019 it was announced that he would be out of action for a few weeks after undergoing a groin operation. He required a further operation on an adductor tendon injury later in the month, ruling him out of action for three months. He returned to training in February 2020 while completing his injury rehabilitation, although he did not feature before the end of the season as the football season was curtailed early due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Vincent-Young returned to first-team training during the 2020 pre-season, featuring in friendly matches against former clubs Colchester United and Tottenham Hotspur. He picked up an achilles injury during pre-season, resulting in another spell on the sidelines. Despite starting to return to training towards the end of 2020, it was confirmed on 4 February 2021 that Vincent-Young had suffered a setback to his recovery and would be out for at least another 6 weeks. Vincent-Young made his first appearance since October 2019 on 20 March 2021, coming on as a second-half substitute in a match away against Portsmouth. He made his first start in 18 months in Ipswich’s next game away at Wigan Athletic, only to be substituted at halftime with a hamstring problem. He returned from injury on 17 April, starting in a 0–0 draw with Charlton Athletic. He maintained a run in the team for the remainder of the season, before suffering a dislocated shoulder in the penultimate match of the season against Shrewsbury Town, an injury which would later require surgery. He made 7 appearances during the 2020–21 season following his return from injury.
- As of match played 4 May 2021
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
|Banbury United||2014–15||SL Premier Division||2||0||0||0||–||0||0||2||0|
|Colchester United||2015–16||League One||14||0||2||0||0||0||0||0||16||0|
|Ipswich Town||2019–20||League One||9||2||0||0||0||0||0||0||9||2|
- Appearances in EFL Trophy
- Colchester United Goal of the Season: 2017–18
- Colchester United Young Player of the Year: 2017–18
- PFA Fans' League One Player of the Month: September 2019
- "Notification of shirt numbers: Ipswich Town" (PDF). English Football League. p. 34. Retrieved 21 March 2020.
- Kane Vincent-Young at Soccerbase
- "Ipswich Town FC". FootballSquads. Retrieved 8 August 2015.
- "Vincent-Young: You Need the Determination to Prove You Can Get Back to Where You Want to Be". TWTD. 3 October 2019. Retrieved 4 October 2019.
- Labellarte, Giuseppe (23 September 2014). "Colchester United sign ex-Tottenham Hotspur defender Kane Vincent-Young". Sports Mole. Retrieved 8 August 2015.
- "Kane Vincent-Young". Banbury United FC. Retrieved 26 June 2018.
- "Colchester deal for rookie". Sky Sports. 24 September 2014. Retrieved 8 August 2015.
- "Yeovil 0–1 Colchester". BBC Sport. 20 December 2014. Retrieved 8 August 2015.
- Marston, Carl (5 August 2015). "'When the gaffer needs me, I will be ready' – Colchester United teenager Kane Vincent Young". East Anglian Daily Times. Ipswich. Retrieved 8 August 2015.
- "Colchester 2–2 Blackpool". BBC Sport. 8 August 2015. Retrieved 8 August 2015.
- Gregory, David (14 August 2015). "Kane Earns New Deal". Colchester United FC. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "Colchester 0–0 Oldham". BBC Sport. 18 August 2015. Retrieved 18 August 2015.
- Waldron, Jonathan (30 September 2015). "Vincent-Young ruled out for up to two months". Daily Gazette. Colchester. Retrieved 30 September 2015.
- "Colchester 2–3 Barnsley". BBC Sport. 12 December 2015. Retrieved 14 December 2015.
- "Games played by Kane Vincent-Young in 2015/2016". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 8 August 2015.
- "Games played by Kane Vincent-Young in 2013/2014". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 7 May 2017.
- Waldron, Jonathan (29 June 2017). "Kane Vincent-Young will be a Colchester United player this season after penning new contract". Daily Gazette. Colchester. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- "Colchester United 5–1 Forest Green Rovers". BBC Sport. 26 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- Marston, Carl (8 May 2018). "Tom Eastman makes Colchester United history with his third Player-of-the-Year accolade". Green'Un. Ipswich. Retrieved 25 May 2018.
- "Games played by Kane Vincent-Young in 2017/2018". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 2 July 2018.
- Watson, Stuart (2 July 2018). "Ex-U's man Vincent-Young involved with Town training camp". Green'Un. Ipswich. Retrieved 2 July 2018.
- Waldron, Jonathan (6 August 2018). "Vincent-Young 'delighted' to sign new contract with U's". Daily Gazette. Colchester. Retrieved 6 August 2018.
- "Games played by Kane Vincent-Young in 2018/2019". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 6 August 2018.
- "Town Sign Kane Vincent-Young". Ipswich Town. 19 August 2019. Retrieved 19 August 2019.
- "Bolton Wanderers 0–5 Ipswich Town". BBC Sport. 24 August 2019. Retrieved 24 August 2019.
- "Gillingham 0–1 Ipswich Town". BBC Sport. 21 September 2019. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
- "Vincent-Young Wins PFA Fans' Player of the Month Award". TWTD. 10 October 2019. Retrieved 11 October 2019.
- "Vincent-Young Facing a Few Weeks Out After Undergoing Groin Surgery". TWTD. 4 November 2019. Retrieved 7 January 2020.
- "Kane Vincent-Young: Ipswich Town defender out for three months". BBC Sport. 28 November 2019. Retrieved 6 December 2019.
- "Vincent-Young Back Out on the Grass". TWTD. 18 February 2020. Retrieved 7 January 2021.
- "EFL Statement: COVID-19". Ipswich Town F.C. Retrieved 4 April 2020.
- "Lambert: Vincent-Young Doing Well But Won't Be Rushed". TWTD. 11 September 2020. Retrieved 7 January 2021.
- "Kane Suffers Injury Setback". Ipswich Town F.C. 5 February 2021. Retrieved 20 March 2021.
- "Portsmouth 2–1 Ipswich Town". BBC Sport. 20 March 2021. Retrieved 20 March 2021.
- "Vincent-Young set for operation following Shrewsbury injury". East Anglian Daily Times. Retrieved 12 June 2021.
- "Games played by Kane Vincent-Young in 2020/2021". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 6 August 2019.
- "Games played by Kane Vincent-Young in 2019/2020". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 6 August 2019.
- "Vincent-Young Wins PFA Fans' Player of the Month Award". TWTD. 10 October 2019. Retrieved 10 October 2019.