Diks with Vitesse in 2015
|Full name||Kevin Diks Bakarbessy|
|Date of birth||6 October 1996|
|Place of birth||Apeldoorn, Netherlands|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
(on loan from Fiorentina)
|2017||→ Vitesse (loan)||11||(0)|
|2017||→ Vitesse II (loan)||1||(0)|
|2017–2018||→ Feyenoord (loan)||23||(0)|
|2019||→ Empoli (loan)||0||(0)|
|2019–||→ AGF (loan)||41||(8)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16 May 2021 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 16 November 2016 (UTC)
Born in Apeldoorn, Diks joined Vitesse's youth setup in 2005, aged nine, after playing for VIOS Vaassen and hometown's AGOVV Apeldoorn. In the 2014 summer he was called to the main squad for the pre-season, also appearing in a 1–3 defeat against Chelsea. On 24 August 2014, after profiting from first-choice Wallace's injury, Diks made his first-team – and Eredivisie – debut, starting in a 1–2 away loss against PEC Zwolle. On 8 January of the following year, after being already a permanent part of the main squad, he renewed his link until 2018.
On 6 July 2016, Diks joined Serie A side Fiorentina on a five-year deal after impressing at Vitesse. He later requested number 34 shirt in tribute to Abdelhak Nouri, who collapsed and suffered brain damage, ending his career.
On 31 January 2017, Diks returned to Vitesse on loan for the remainder of the 2016–17 campaign, after failing to make his breakthrough whilst in Italy. On 11 February 2017, Diks made his Vitesse return in their 2–0 home defeat against Willem II, playing the full 90 minutes. On 5 April 2017, Diks got sent off for a second bookable offence during Vitesse's 1–0 away victory against Heracles Almelo.
He came off the bench as Vitesse won the final of the KNVB Beker 2–0 against AZ Alkmaar on 30 April 2017 to help the club, three-time runners up, to the title for the first time in its 125-year history.
On 9 October 2014, Diks made his Netherlands U19 debut in a 7–0 victory against Andorra U19's, playing the first half before being replaced by Leeroy Owusu. Diks went on to make three more appearances before receiving a call-up to the under-20 squad. Diks has also represented at under-21
- As of match played 6 April 2019.
|Empoli (loan)||2018–19||Serie A||0||0||0||0||—||—||0||0|
- "Vitesse na rust ten onder in Zwolle: 2–1" [Vitesse stays behind Zwolle after half-time: 2–1]. Vitesse's official website. 24 August 2014. Retrieved 25 August 2014.
- "Vitesse legt doorgebroken Diks drie jaar langer vast" [Vitesse secures breakthrough Diks for three more years] (in Dutch). Voetbal International. 8 January 2015. Retrieved 10 March 2015.
- "KEVIN DIKS' A PLAYER OF FIORENTINA". ACF Fiorentina. 6 July 2016. Retrieved 6 July 2016.
- Ciaran Varley (8 January 2019). "The touching reason players are wearing the number 34". BBC. Retrieved 9 January 2019.
- "Cagliari vs. Fiorentina". Soccerway. 23 October 2016. Retrieved 23 October 2016.
- "Diks back on old nest". Vitesse Official Site. 31 January 2017. Retrieved 31 January 2017.
- "Vitesse vs. Willem II". Soccerway. 11 February 2017. Retrieved 7 March 2017.
- "Heracles vs. Vitesse". Soccerway. 5 April 2017. Retrieved 5 April 2017.
- Said, Nick (30 April 2017). "Vitesse claim first major trophy with Cup triumph". Reuters. Retrieved 1 February 2019.
- "AZ Alkmaar vs. Vitesse Arnhem - Football Match Line-Ups - April 30, 2017 - ESPN". ESPN. Retrieved 1 February 2019.
- "Feyenoord take Diks on loan". Football Italia. 4 July 2017. Retrieved 4 July 2017.
- Gouka, Mikos (22 April 2018). "Feyenoord wint KNVB-beker mede dankzij prachtgoal Van Persie". Allgemeen Dagblad (in Dutch). Retrieved 1 February 2019.
- "UFFICIALE: Fiorentina, ecco Rasmussen. Resta a Empoli, va anche Diks" (in Italian). Retrieved 31 January 2019.
- AGF HENTER HOLLANDSK FORSVARSSPILLER I SERIE A, agf.dk, 2 September 2019
- "KEVIN DIKS VENDER TILBAGE" (in Danish). AGF. 31 August 2020.
- Broer Diks van tweedeklasser naar CL: 'Familie trots maken' - Voetbal International (in Dutch)
- Razzolini, Filippo. "Diks, il fantasma della rosa viola. L'olandese non si vede mai e Corvino…". Fiorentinanews.com (in Italian). Retrieved 1 February 2019.
- INDOSPORT.com (4 September 2018). "5 Pemain Keturunan Indonesia yang Memiliki Harga Tinggi". INDOSPORT.com. Retrieved 1 February 2019.