Kincardine and Deeside (UK Parliament constituency)
Kincardine and Deeside was a county constituency represented in the House of Commons of the Parliament of the United Kingdom from 1983 until 1997. It was mainly replaced by West Aberdeenshire and Kincardine, apart from the parts of the seat within the borders of Aberdeen City Council, which joined Aberdeen South.
|Kincardine and Deeside|
|Former County constituency|
for the House of Commons
|Number of members||one|
|Replaced by||West Aberdeenshire & Kincardine|
|Created from||Angus North & Mearns, Aberdeen South and West Aberdeenshire|
Kincardine and Deeside District, and the City of Aberdeen District electoral divisions of Auchinyell, Craigton, Kincorth, and Peterculter.
Members of Parliament
|1983||Alick Buchanan-Smith||Conservative||Previously MP for Angus North and Mearns from 1964. Died August 1991|
|1991 by-election||Nicol Stephen||Liberal Democrat|
Elections of the 1980s
|Conservative win (new seat)|
Elections of the 1990s
|Liberal Democrats||Nicol Stephen||20,779||49.0||+12.7|
|Scottish Green||Stephen Campbell||683||1.6||+1.0|
|Liberal Democrats gain from Conservative||Swing||+11.4|
|Liberal Democrats||Nicol Stephen||18,429||35.1||−1.2|
|Scottish Green||Stephen Campbell||381||0.7||+0.1|
- "'Kincardine and Deeside', June 1983 up to May 1997". ElectionWeb Project. Cognitive Computing Limited. Archived from the original on 12 March 2016. Retrieved 11 March 2016.
- "Election Data 1983". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- "Election Data 1987". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- "Election Data 1992". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- "Politics Resources". Election 1992. Politics Resources. 9 April 1992. Archived from the original on 24 July 2011. Retrieved 6 Dec 2010.