Latin Mass Society of England and Wales
The Latin Mass Society of England and Wales is a Catholic society dedicated to making the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite, also known as the Tridentine Mass, more widely available in England and Wales. The group organised a petition for the Latin Mass in England and Wales which the Archbishop of Westminster, Cardinal John Heenan, presented to Pope Paul VI, who granted a papal indult in 1971.
|Headquarters||11–13 Macklin Street, London|
|Part of a series on the|
in England and Wales
The current chairman is the academic Joseph Shaw.
- Indult Catholic
- International Federation Una Voce
- CIEL UK
- Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter (FSSP)
- Association for Latin Liturgy
- "LMS Constitution". www.lms.org.uk. Archived from the original on 2016-01-09. Retrieved 2015-05-26.
- Bugnini, Annibale (1990). The Reform of the Liturgy (1948-1975). Liturgical Press. pp. 297-8. ISBN 978-0814615713. OCLC 645775748.
- "The English Indult". www.lms.org.uk. Archived from the original on 2012-06-07. Retrieved 2015-05-26.