Leo Carter (born 10 December 1994) is a New Zealand cricketer. He was part of New Zealand's squad for the 2014 ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup. In June 2018, he was awarded a contract with Canterbury for the 2018–19 season. On 5 January 2020, in the 2019–20 Super Smash match between Canterbury and Northern Districts, Carter hit six sixes in one over off the bowling of Anton Devcich. He was the fourth batsman to do this in a Twenty20 match, and the first by a New Zealand cricketer.
|Born||10 December 1994|
Wellington, New Zealand
In February 2020, in the match against Wellington in the 2019–20 Plunket Shield season, Carter scored his maiden double century in first-class cricket, finishing with an unbeaten 226. In June 2020, he was offered a contract by Canterbury ahead of the 2020–21 domestic cricket season, and in November 2020, he was named as the captain of Canterbury ahead of their 2020–21 Ford Trophy campaign.
- "Leo Carter". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 27 June 2015.
- "Central Districts drop Jesse Ryder from contracts list". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 15 June 2018.
- "Super Smash: Leo Carter smashes 6 sixes in an over as Kings stun Knights". Stuff. Retrieved 5 January 2020.
- "Leo Carter clatters six sixes in an over in New Zealand domestic game". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 5 January 2020.
- "Leo Carter's year: Six sixes now a double century for Canterbury". Star News. Retrieved 24 February 2020.
- "Daryl Mitchell, Jeet Raval and Finn Allen among major domestic movers in New Zealand". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 15 June 2020.
- "Auckland lose Jeet Raval to Northern Districts, Finn Allen to Wellington in domestic contracts". Stuff. Retrieved 15 June 2020.
- "Captain Carter". Canterbury Cricket. Retrieved 28 November 2020.