List of ambassadors of the United Kingdom to the European Union
The British Ambassador to the European Union is the United Kingdom's foremost diplomatic representative to the European Union, and head of the United Kingdom Mission to the European Union (UKMis). This role replaced that of Permanent Representative to the European Union (UKREP) when the United Kingdom left the European Union on 31 January 2020.
to the European Union
|Foreign and Commonwealth Office |
UK Embassy to the EU Brussels
|Nominator||The Prime Minister|
|Appointer||Queen Elizabeth II|
|Term length||No fixed term|
|Inaugural holder||Sir Tim Barrow|
List of heads of mission
Ambassador to the European Union
- 2020–2021: Sir Tim Barrow
- 2021–present[update]: Lindsay Croisdale-Appleby (technically not yet installed as ambassador because of a diplomatic row between the EU and the UK)
- "Tim Barrow KCMG LVO MBE, UK Ambassador to the EU". gov.uk. Retrieved 31 January 2020.
- "Change of United Kingdom Head of Mission to the European Union: Lindsay Croisdale-Appleby" (Press release). GOV.UK. 21 January 2021. Retrieved 21 January 2021.
- Brunsden, Jim; Peel, Michael; Parker, George (28 January 2021). "Britain seeks end to row with EU over diplomatic status of London envoy". Financial Times. London.