List of euro mints
The Monnaie de Paris in Pessac is the exclusive producer of French euro coins. It also mints Monégasque euro coins and alternates with the Spanish Royal Mint for the production of Andorran euro coins. It has also minted Greek euro coins, Luxembourg euro coins, and Maltese euro coins.
The Staatliche Münze Berlin produces about one-fifth of German euro coinage.
The Royal Dutch Mint in Utrecht is the sole producer of Dutch euro coins. It also produces Belgian euro coins and has produced some Estonian euro coins, Luxembourg euro coins, Maltese euro coins, and Slovenian euro coins.
- "The Company – Austrian Mint". Retrieved 2021-04-05.
But first and foremost our duty is to produce the Republic of Austria’s euro circulation coins.
- "Coins | nbb.be". Retrieved 2021-04-05.
Throughout the euro area, it is the national mints in charge of the currency that are responsible for manufacturing the eight euro coins, so in Belgium that is the Royal Mint of Belgium, a department of the federal public service for Finance.
- "Belgium Euro Coins - Catalogue with info, images, specific and Values". Retrieved 2021-04-05.
- "Royal Mint of Belgium | FPS Finances". Retrieved 2021-04-05.
The Royal Mint of Belgium is responsible for ordering the Belgian circulation coins, the design, the quality control and the screening of counterfeit coins. ... The coinage and the commercialization of commemorative coins and medals has been awarded to the Royal Dutch Mint.
- "Services for central banks and mints - Mint of Finland". Retrieved 2021-04-05.
Our manufacturing units are located in Finland and Germany.
- "Mint of Finland's story - Mint of Finland". Retrieved 2021-04-04.
1998: Mint of Finland plays a key role in the materials design of euro coins. In the future, the company will mint euros for Greece, Luxembourg, Slovenia, Cyprus, Ireland and Estonia in addition to Finland.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Cyprus Euro Coins - Value, Info and Rarity of All the Cypriot Euro Coins". Retrieved 2021-04-05.
- "Euro coins | Eesti Pank". Retrieved 2021-04-05.
In order to ensure a smooth changeover to the euro, Eesti Pank commissioned 194 million coins from the Mint of Finland. Production started on 20 July 2010. In 2012, Eesti Pank ordered an additional 50 million 1-cent and 2-cent coins from the Royal Dutch Mint.
- "Greek Euro Coins | Info, images and specifications | Moneterare.net". Retrieved 2021-04-05.
- "Luxembourgish euro coins - Information, images and specifications". Retrieved 2021-04-05.
- "Slovene euro coins - Information, images and specifications". Retrieved 2021-04-05.
- "Slovenian Euro Coins | Value of All the Slovenian Coins | Moneterare.net". Retrieved 2021-04-05.
- "manufacturing euros and circulating coins | Monnaie de Paris". Retrieved 2021-04-05.
Monnaie de Paris's sovereign mission for the state is to strike circulating coinage. It holds the monopoly on French euros, but also makes coins for other foreign currencies in a competitive international context. Since 1973, minting these coins has been handled at the Pessac plant in Gironde, from cutting the blanks right through to final packaging.
- "Monegasque euro coins - Information, images and specifications". Retrieved 2021-04-05.
- "Andorra: coins mintages and market value since 2014 - Numismag". Retrieved 2021-04-05.
- "Malta Euro Coins | Info & Value & Images of Maltese Euro Coins". Retrieved 2021-04-05.
- "Maltese euro coins - Information, images and specifications". Retrieved 2021-04-05.
- "Staatliche Münzen Baden-Württemberg – Deutschlands größtes Münzprägeunternehmen". Retrieved 2021-04-04.
The State Mints of Baden-Wuerttemberg are Germany’s largest minting enterprise giving work to 80 employees at two locations. Being a state-owned enterprise, both mints are responsible for more than 40 % of all German euro coins.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Banknotes and coins - Latvian euro coins". Retrieved 2021-04-05.
... in the second half of 2013, a tender was launched in the autumn of 2012 and the potential producer of Latvian euro coins was selected. It is the State Mints of Baden-Wuerttemberg (Staatliche Münzen Baden-Württemberg) in Germany where different lats circulation coins have already been minted before.
- "A warm welcome to the Bavarian State Mint » Bayerisches Hauptmünzamt". Retrieved 2021-04-05.
Currently, around 21% of the new coins in circulation in Germany are minted here.
- "Über uns bei Staatliche Münze Berlin" (in German). Retrieved 2021-04-05.
Als Münzstätte der Hauptstadt fertigt die Münze Berlin nicht nur ein Fünftel aller bundesdeutschen Münzen, ...
- "Euro - muenze.hamburg.de" (in German). Retrieved 2021-04-05.
Die Hamburgische Münze hat über ein Fünftel der ersten deutschen Euro-Münzen geprägt. ... Für das Umlaufgeld werden weiterhin laufend neue Münzen geprägt.
- "Bank of Greece - Greek Mint". Retrieved 2021-04-05.
- "Production of coins | Bank of Greece". Retrieved 2021-04-05.
- "Istituto Poligrafico e Zecca dello Stato - Portale" (in Italian). Retrieved 2021-04-04.
L'Istituto Poligrafico e Zecca dello Stato conia, in ambito istituzionale ed esclusivo, per lo Stato Italiano, per la Repubblica di San Marino e per la Città del Vaticano, sia moneta circolante che moneta per collezionisti.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Lithuanian Euro coins | Numismatica Europea". Retrieved 2021-04-05.
- "Corporate Information | Royal Dutch Mint". Retrieved 2021-04-05.
Since 1567, the Royal Dutch Mint is the only producer of Dutch circulating coins.
- "Circulation Coins | Royal Dutch Mint". Retrieved 2021-04-05.
The Royal Dutch Mint produces the entire range of Dutch circulation coins.
- "Moeda Corrente- INCM". Retrieved 2021-04-05.
The minting of circulation coins in order to meet the needs of the Portuguese State in terms of monetary circulation is an activity that has a tradition of seven centuries, as well as a mission that forms part of the INCM identity. ... Besides the circulation coin with normal finishing, INCM mints and commercializes the annual series of euro circulation coins using special packages and properly certified.
- "Company history | Mint Kremnica". Retrieved 2021-04-04.
Since 2009, the mint's circulation program has been based on the production of circulation coins mainly for Latin American countries ..., Bangladesh and Sri Lanka, but also for other countries ..., as well as the annual minting of Slovak euro coins for the NBS.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Circulating Coinage - FNMT". Retrieved 2021-04-05.
Responsible for the minting of coins for the Spanish Treasury, the FNMT-RCM also works for any country, company or organization who requests it.