List of foreign Serie A players
This is a list of foreign players (i.e. non-Italian players) in Serie A. The following players:
- Have played at least one Serie A game for the respective club (seasons in which and teams that a player did not collect any caps in Serie A for have NOT been listed).
- Have not been capped for the Italian national team on any level, independently from the birthplace, except for players born in San Marino and active in the Italian national team before the first official match of the Sammarinese national team played on 14 November 1990 and players of Italian formation born abroad from Italian parents (so called 'Oriundi').
- Have been born in Italy and were capped by a foreign national team. This includes players who have dual citizenship with Italy.
- They played for in a national team on any level. For footballers that played for two or more national teams it prevails:
- The one he played for on A level.
- The national team of birth.
- If they never played for any national team on any level, it prevails the state of birth. For footballers born in dissolved states prevails the actual state of birth (e.g.: Yugoslavia -> Serbia, Montenegro, Croatia, etc.).
These are all the teams that have had at least one foreign player while playing in a Serie A season. Teams in bold are the ones currently playing in the 2021–22 Serie A season:
Alessandria, Ancona, Ascoli, Atalanta, Avellino, Bari, Benevento, Bologna, Brescia, Cagliari, Carpi, Catania, Catanzaro, Cesena, Chievo, Como, Cremonese, Crotone, Empoli, Fiorentina, Foggia, Frosinone, Genoa, Hellas Verona, Internazionale, Juventus, Lazio, Lecce, Lecco, Legnano, Livorno, Lucchese, Mantova, Messina, Milan, Modena, Napoli, Novara, Padova, Palermo, Parma, Perugia, Pescara, Piacenza, Pisa, Pistoiese, Pro Patria, Reggiana, Reggina, Roma, Salernitana, Sampdoria, Sassuolo, Siena, SPAL, Spezia, Torino, Treviso, Triestina, Udinese, Varese, Venezia, Vicenza.
These are the only teams that have participated in Serie A but have not had at least one foreign player:
In bold: Players still active in Serie A and their respective teams in the current season.