Llanddeusant (Welsh pronunciation; the church of two saints) is a small linear village, on Anglesey, North Wales about 10 miles (16 km) north east of Holyhead. The village takes its name from its parish church which is dedicated to St. Marcellus and Saint Marcellina.
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Postcode district||LL65 4|
|Dialling code||01407 730|
Llanddeusant is claimed to be the burial place of Branwen. It has Anglesey's only working windmill, Llynnon Mill, opened in 1775 at a cost of £550 and renovated by the local council in 1986 and opened to the public. The mill was originally located there as it lies just to the north of the Afon Alaw, and a little west of Llyn Alaw.
The co-educational village primary school, Ysgol Gynradd Llanddeusant closed in July 2011 after serving the village for 160 years. On October 2, 2013, the Isle of Anglesey Council planning committee granted permission for the council to demolish the school and build 8 houses.
- Barker, Rhodri (24 July 2013). "Opposition top plans for eight houses at former Ysgol Llanddeusant, Anglesey - Daily Post". North Wales Daily Post. Retrieved 11 November 2013.
- Hughes, Owen R. (4 September 2010). "Ysgol Llanddeusant attacks Anglesey council over closure". The Daily Post. Retrieved 19 June 2011.
- Barker, Rhodri (15 September 2010). "Anglesey executive vote to close Ysgol Llanddeusant". Bangor and Anglesey Mail. Retrieved 19 June 2011.