David Evans, Baron Evans of Watford
David Charles Evans, Baron Evans of Watford (born 30 November 1942) is a British publisher, entrepreneur and philanthropist. As a Member of the House of Lords, he sits as a Labour peer and also holds chairmanships that span across printing, business consultancy, charity and healthcare.
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
The Lord Evans of Watford
|Member of the House of Lords|
|Assumed office |
28 July 1998
|Born||30 November 1942|
|Occupation||Publishing, Consultancy and Healthcare and Charity|
Evans attended Watford College of Technology and was awarded the Edward Hunter Gold Medal as best student, as well as being awarded Full Technologist qualifications.
Following the sale of Centurion Press, Evans founded Senate Publishing Ltd with his business partner of 21 years, Caroline Minshell. Senate Publishing produces publishing and communication platforms for governments, major corporates and leading financial institutions.
Evans was a Trustee of the Royal Air Force Museum and is a Director of the Royal Air Force Museum Trading Company. He also serves as chairman of the Institute of Collaborative Working.
In addition to his business successes, Lord Evans is an advocate and supporter of cancer research, becoming joint President of the ‘Pioneers for Prostate Cancer UK’ and supporting other cancer research foundations.
- Chairman – Senate Publishing Ltd
- Chairman – Senate Consulting Ltd
- Chairman – Evans Mitchell Books
- Chairman – Ace Funding Ltd
- Chairman – TU ink Ltd
- Chairman – Forum Print Management Ltd
- Chairman – Kennedy Scott Ltd
- Honorary Fellow – Cancer Research UK
- Chairman – Institute of Collaborative Working
- Fellow – The Chartered Institute of Marketing
- Fellow – City and Guilds of London Institute
- Deputy Chairman – International Medical Education Trust
- Patron – Watford Peace Hospice
- Patron – VITAL
- Member – Worshipful Company of Marketers
- Patron – Alma Hospital Trust
- Patron – Eliminating Domestic Violence
- Patron – Behçet's Syndrome Society
- Patron - Oxford University Media Society
- Member of the House of Lords Select Committee for Small and Medium Enterprises
- Development Board Member – UCL Hospitals Charitable Trust
- Trustee of the Royal Air Force Museum
- Director – KISS 100 FM
- Chairman – Centurion Press Group
- Chairman – Redactive Media Group
- Chairman – Advanced Oncotherapy Plc
- Deputy Chairman – Advanced Oncotherapy Plc
- "Life Peerages". www.election.demon.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-02-16.
- "Special BCCT Luncheon (Lord Evans) : British Chamber of Commerce Thailand". www.bccthai.com. Retrieved 2016-02-16.
- "Lord David Evans | Senate Publishing". www.senatepublishing.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-02-16.
- "Lord David Evans of Watford | LinkedIn". www.linkedin.com. Retrieved 2016-02-16.
- "Lord Evans of Watford". UK Parliament. Retrieved 2016-02-16.
- "Institute for Collaborative Working - Main Board". www.instituteforcollaborativeworking.com. Archived from the original on 2016-03-15. Retrieved 2016-02-16.
- "THE LORD DAVID EVANS OF WATFORD JOINS ARCANUM - Arcanum". Arcanum. September 2, 2014. Retrieved 2016-02-16.
- "No. 55213". The London Gazette. 3 August 1998. p. 8431.
- "Advanced Oncotherapy > About > Board of directors > Lord David Evans". www.advancedoncotherapy.com. Retrieved 2016-02-16.