Márcio Luiz França Gomes (born 23 June 1963) is a Brazilian lawyer and politician, member of the Brazilian Socialist Party (PSB), former governor and vice governor of São Paulo, elected with Geraldo Alckmin in 2014. França assumed the office as governor in 6 April 2018 after Alckmin resigned to run for President of Brazil in the 2018 election. França was also a candidate for governor of São Paulo in 2018.
França in 2018
|36th Governor of São Paulo|
6 April 2018 – 1 January 2019
|Preceded by||Geraldo Alckmin|
|Succeeded by||João Doria|
Márcio Luiz França Gomes
23 June 1963
São Vicente, São Paulo, Brazil
|Political party||PSB (Since 1988)|
|Mother||Myrthes Giani França Gomes|
|Father||Luiz Gonzaga de Oliveira Gomes|
|Education||Catholic University of Santos|
- Mellis, Fernando (6 April 2018). "Governador com mais tempo no cargo, Alckmin renuncia nesta sexta" (in Portuguese). R7. Retrieved 6 April 2018.
- Viegas, Nonato (5 March 2018). "PSB quer deputado do DEM como candidato a vice de Márcio França em São Paulo" (in Portuguese). Época. Retrieved 7 March 2018.
- "Márcio França, candidato no 2º turno na disputa pelo governo de São Paulo pelo PSB, é entrevistado pelo Diário TV". TV Diário (in Portuguese). G1. 20 October 2018. Retrieved 24 May 2019.
- "Chapa PSB-PDT lança Márcio França a prefeito de São Paulo". O Cafezinho (in Portuguese). 2020-03-02. Retrieved 2020-05-24.
- "Márcio França anuncia candidatura a prefeitura de SP com apoio de Ciro". noticias.uol.com.br (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2020-05-24.
Luís Carlos Luca Pedro
| Mayor of São Vicente
José Benedito Pereira Fernandes
| Secretary of Sports, Recreation and
Tourism of São Paulo
Roberto Alves de Lucena
Guilherme Afif Domingos
| Vice Governor of São Paulo
Title next held byRodrigo Garcia
Nelson Baeta Neves Filho
| Secretary of Development of São Paulo
| Governor of São Paulo
|Party political offices|
Paulo Skaf (2010)
| PSB nominee for Governor of São Paulo
|This article about a Brazilian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|