Man's World (magazine)
Man's World, also known by its acronym MW, is an Indian men's luxury lifestyle magazine. It was launched in March 2000 by Anuradha Mahindra, wife of industrialist Anand Mahindra, and was conceived by two leading city journalists working for Business India: Radhakrishnan Nair, who was then the executive editor of Business India, and Harsh Man Rai, who worked as creative director.
|Former editors||Anuradha Mahindra|
|Categories||Men's luxury lifestyle|
|First issue||March 2000|
|Company||MW India Pvt Ltd.|
|Based in||Lower Parel, Mumbai|
According to Radhakrishnan, publisher and editor, "Man's World was conceived to be India's answer to the leading international men's magazines from around the world". He also states that the magazine was "essentially targeted at a generation of young men who were coming of age, benefiting from the fruits of economic liberalisation of the 1990s". In 2010, Radhakrishnan bought out the magazine from Mahindra.
MW India Pvt Ltd. has branched out into contract publishing. The company brings out magazines for several clients, including a travel magazine for Club Mahindra, and the inflight magazine of Air Deccan, called Simplifly. Man's World Magazine Services also publishes a women's magazine, My World, launched on 1 September 2006, for retail chain Big Bazaar.
- "Suave Hrithik Roshan has charmed us all on the January issue of Man's World". Pinkvilla.
- Aminah Sheikh (10 April 2013). "Delhi Press in talks to buy Man's World magazine". Livemint. Retrieved 4 May 2013.
- "Contact Us". Mansworldindia.com. Retrieved 4 May 2013.
- Puri, Pranav (11 April 2013). "Delhi Press Plans To Buy Man's World Magazine". DealCurry.com. Retrieved 4 May 2013.
- "Man's World turns 4". Exchange4media.com. 30 March 2004. Retrieved 4 May 2013.
- "Man's World completes 10 years, Rolling Stone completes two". Campaignindia.in. 18 March 2010. Retrieved 4 May 2013.
- "Man's World launches women's magazine My World for Big Bazaar". Afaqs.com. 30 August 2006. Retrieved 4 May 2013.
- "Indiantelevision.com's Digital Edge: Man's World magazine launches on Tata Indicom cell network". Indiantelevision.com. 6 June 2006. Retrieved 4 May 2013.
- Mittal, Sushubh (7 June 2006). "Man's World magazine NOW on your mobile". Techwhack.co. Retrieved 4 May 2013.