6 June 1964 (age 56)
Patuano studied Corporate Finance and graduated from Bocconi University, in Milan, Italy, in 1990. He then proceeded his studies with numerous post-graduate specializations. Over time he maintained a good relationship with Italian universities, collaborating on MBA programs with Bocconi University of Milan and Luiss University of Rome.
Career in telecom
Patuano started his career in SIP, the former name of Telecom Italia in 1990 working in the financial branch of the company. He helped to create the branch Telecom Italia Mobile in 1996. Marco Patuano's was nominated TIM Brasil CFO and Telecom Italia America Latina S.A. CFO, they are both Telecom Italia subsidiaries. He was nominated Telecom Italia CFO in 2008. He joined the council of Confindustria since May 2013.
On 14 April 2017 he became a director of A.C. Milan. He became the Senior Advisor of Nomura's European investment banking business in 2019.
On the 7th of October of the same year he is nominated as CEO of Edizione srl, financial holding of the Benetton Family, which he then guides up to June 2019, when his natural mandate expired. Throughout the three years of guiding the company the group carries out many international operations within M&A, reducing its portfolio of investments in Italy from 74% to 39% and diversifying it. In the period in question, 2.4 Bln € were invested, with a MAV growth equal to 1.5 Bln €.
Throughout the Edizione experience he also covers the following offices:
- Board Member of Atlantia
- Board Member of Autogrill
- Board Member of Benetton
- Board Member of Edizione Property
- President of Cellnex
Simultaneously on the 14th of April, 2017 Patuano enters in the board of directors of AC Milan, after the change of ownership from Fininvest to Li. Yonghong. In 2018, with the enforcement of the pledge by Elliott on AC Milan and the subsequent change of ownership, Patuano is confirmed within the board.
On September 2019, Patuano founds a new holding for consulting and investing called "MP Invest". The Social objective of MP Invest is to "consult financially, directionally, organizationally and management, with a main focus on the financial, industrial, infrastructural, media and technologies sectors". The company exerts also activities of holding acquisitions and management of participations. The main client base are companies and hedge funds of private equity, whom they support and help individuate investment opportunities.
On May 13th, 2020 he is nominated as President of the A2A Group.
In 2014 the company that he manages since 2011, Telecom Italia, has a consolidated net profit of 1 billion euros, an adjusted net financial debt of 26 billion euros, revenues for 21 billion euros and the EBIT amounted to 4 billion euros.
Patuano has been present on Twitter ever since June 2011 with an institutional certified profile, first of all Italian top managers to have one. He used many times the practice of Twitter Time, moment when you declare yourself open to answer questions from the public: first time on June 10th, 2011 and then on many other occasions, confronting himself with many actors and politicians (such as the minister Corrado Clini). He abandoned Twitter on July 2015, leaving the profile unused ever since.
Other than being the current President of the A2A Group, Patuano covers or has covered also the following offices:
- Advisor for the Bocconi Foundation;
- Advisor for the Telecom Italia Foundation;
- Advisor for UPA since July 2012;
- Advisor for Olivetti;
- Advisor for AC Milan;
- President for the "Banco dell'Energia Onlus" since July 2020;
- "Il confronto tra le Telco e gli OTT", published on the website ilpost.it.
- "Un nuovo modello di business per le telecomunicazioni", published on Harvard Business Review Italia and republished on Il Sole 24 Ore
- "CV Marco Patuano". Archived from the original on 20 May 2014. Retrieved 31 March 2015.
- "Telecom, accordo raggiunto tra i soci italiani di Telco. Bernabè presidente esecutivo, Patuano ad". Il Sole 24 ORE (in Italian). Retrieved 27 November 2020.
- "Subscribe to read | Financial Times". www.ft.com. Retrieved 27 November 2020. Cite uses generic title (help)
- "New Board of Directors of Telecom Italia meets" (PDF). Telecom Italia. Retrieved 2 April 2015.
- "SIP-Telecom Italia. Storia" (PDF). Retrieved 2 April 2015.
- "STET E SIP SULL' ACCELERATORE IL RIASSETTO PIACE AGLI STRANIERI - la Repubblica.it". Archivio - la Repubblica.it.
- "Progetto di fusione per incorporazione di Telecom Italia Mobile S.p.A in Telecom Italia S.p.A". Archived from the original on 2 April 2015.
- "Marco Patuano Helms Telecom Italia as its New CEO". Digitaltelcos. 10 October 2019. Retrieved 27 November 2020.
- De Rosa, Federico. "Telecom frena, Bernabè rifà la squadra" [Telecom brakes, Bernabè remakes the team]. archivio.corriere.it (in Italian). Milan. Archived from the original on 3 January 2016.
- "Telecom Italia S.p.A. Resoconto intermedio di gestione al 30 settembre 2008" (PDF).
- "TELECOM: MARCO PATUANO NUOVO DIRETTORE FINANZIARIO (2)" [TELECOM: MARCO PATUANO NEW FINANCIAL DIRECTOR (2)]. Wall Street Italia (in Italian). Milan. 19 June 2008.
- Confindustria: Giunta rinnovata al 40%, entrano F.G. Caltagirone e Patuano
- "Marco Patuano nella giunta di Confindustria". CorCom. 23 May 2013.
- "Nuova giunta entrano Patuano e Caltagirone - la Repubblica.it". Archivio - la Repubblica.it.
- "L'Assemblea dei soci nomina il nuovo Consiglio di Amministrazione di AC Milan S.p.A." (in Italian). A.C. Milan. 14 April 2017. Retrieved 15 April 2017.
- Reuters Staff (10 October 2019). "MOVES-Nomura hires former Telecom Italia CEO Patuano as adviser". Reuters. Retrieved 27 November 2020.
- "Nomura names Marco Patuano its Senior Advisor". FinanceFeeds. 10 October 2019. Retrieved 27 November 2020.
- "Benetton: l'amministratore delegato Marco Patuano lascia Edizione Srl". TrevisoToday.
- Magri, Pubblicato da: Valentina (11 October 2019). "Marco Patuano nominato senior advisor di Nomura con mandato europeo e focus sull'Italia".
- "Board of directors examines and approves the annual financial report at 31 december 2014" (PDF). Telecom Italia. Retrieved 10 July 2015.
- (PDF). 2 April 2015 https://web.archive.org/web/20150402160931/http://www.lundquist.it/media/files/Lundquist_Social_Media_Awards_2012_-_Top_Manager_e_Social_Media_1359989533.pdf?ref=search. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2 April 2015. Missing or empty
- "Domande per Telecom, dal Post e da Twitter". Il Post. 15 July 2011.
- "Il Twittertime di Marco Patuano". Il Post. 18 July 2011.
- "Twitter intervista Marco Patuano". Il Post. 18 July 2011.
- "Marco Patuano e Corrado Clini a confronto sulla sostenibilità nel mondo delle imprese". Fanpage.
- "Jacopo Tondelli intervista il Ministro dell'Ambiente Corrado Clini e l'AD Marco Patuano" – via www.youtube.com.
- "Il confronto tra le Telco e gli OTT". Il Post. 7 November 2012.
- "Un nuovo modello di business per le telecomunicazioni". Il Sole 24 ORE.