Marcos Abad Peidro (born 12 September 1985) is a Spanish Goalkeeper Coach who works as First Team Goalkeeper Coach at English side Leeds United, after previously holding the role of First Team Goalkeeper Coach at then Premier League side Middlesbrough F.C. and former La Liga side Elche CF.
|Full name||Marcos Abad Peidró|
|Date of birth||12 September 1985|
|Place of birth||Alcoy, Spain|
|Leeds United (Goalkeeping coach)|
|2009–2010||Alcoyano (goalkeeper coach)|
|2010–2017||Elche (goalkeeper coach)|
|2017||Middlesbrough (goalkeeper coach)|
|2017–||Leeds United (goalkeeper coach)|
After graduating the University Of Alicante with a Bachelor of Science in Physical Activity and Sports degree he started his Goalkeeping Coach career in 2009 when he joined Spanish side CD Alcoyano where they made the play offs to earn promotion from the second division with Paco López coach. In 2010, Abad joined Elche CF, where he worked with goalkeepers like Przemysław Tytoń, Willy Caballero, Toño, Juan Carlos Sánchez, Juan Carlos Martín. He was able to develop his knowledge with coaches of the caliber of José Bordalás, Fran Escribá, Rubén Baraja, Alberto Toril. Abad held the role of Goalkeeper Coach at Spanish La Liga Side Elche CF for 7 years before joining Aitor Karanka at Middlesbrough F.C. in February 2017, the move saw him link up with Goalkeepers Victor Valdes 3, Brad Guzan and Dimitrios Konstantopoulos.
After the sacking of Aitor Karanka towards the end of the 2016/17 season and the departure of Director Of Football Victor Orta in the summer, Abad left the club in the summer of 2017.
On the 19 June 2017, Abad was announced as the new Goalkeeper Coach of Leeds United, again linking up with Victor Orta as part of new Head Coach Thomas Christiansen's backroom staff. Orta revealed in the press conference unveiling Christiansen that Abad had turned down a higher wage in the Chinese Super League to join Leeds in the role.
In the 2018/19 season he was responsible for the training of goalkeepers under the orders of Marcelo Bielsa.
The season started with two young goalkeepers: Jamal Blackman who would suffer a serious injury, and Bailey Peacock-Farrell who became an International with Northern Ireland national team. The injury Jamal Blackman allowed to incorporate a star from Real Madrid Kiko Casilla.
Ahead of the 2019/20 season, he also became Translator for Head Coach Marcelo Bielsa.
- "Marcos Abad" (in Spanish). Fútbol Emotion. Retrieved 25 October 2018.
- "Biography". Marcos Abad. Retrieved 19 June 2017.
- "Middlesbrough set to name Elche's Marcos Abad as club's new temporary goalkeeper coach". Gazette. Retrieved 6 February 2017.
- "Marcos Abad Joins In Middlesbrough Training In Southern Spain". Middlesbrough F.C. Retrieved 19 June 2017.
- "Christiansen excited by the challenge and says Whites deserve to be in Premier League". RV Media 2015. 19 June 2017. Retrieved 19 June 2017.
- "HEAD COACH APPOINTED". Leeds United. Retrieved 15 June 2017.
- "MARCELO BIELSA: I KNOW PERFECTLY THAT THIS IS A LONG SEASON The Head Coach talks to the press after the victory at Bristol City". Leeds United. 4 August 2019. Retrieved 4 August 2019.