|Full name||Matteo Ruggeri|
|Date of birth||11 July 2002|
|Place of birth||San Giovanni Bianco, Italy|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|2021–||→ Salernitana (loan)||0||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 10:21, 24 May 2021 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 8 November 2020
Matteo Ruggeri grew up in Zogno, Lombardy, Italy, where he started playing football, before joining Atalanta's youth sector in 2011. He made his professional debut for Atalanta on 3 November 2020, coming on as a substitute in the 81st minute in a UEFA Champions League group stage match against Liverpool, which Atalanta lost 5–0 at home. Five days later, he made his Serie A debut in a 1–1 home draw against Inter.
- "FIFA U-17 World Cup Brazil 2019: List of Players: Italy" (PDF). FIFA. 31 October 2019. p. 12. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 December 2019.
- Rinaldi, Leandro (24 May 2019). "Matteo Ruggeri, dalla Zognese agli azzurrini: 'mi ispiro a Spinazzola sognando la serie A'". La voce delle valli (in Italian). Retrieved 3 November 2020.
- "Incubo Liverpool a Bergamo, Atalanta travolta 5-0". Sky Sport (in Italian). 3 November 2020. Retrieved 3 November 2020.
- Pegoraro, Paolo (8 November 2020). "Serie A: Atalanta-Inter, pagelle: Lautaro e Miranchuk, che numeri". Eurosport (in Italian). Retrieved 9 November 2020.
- "Ufficiale – Matteo Ruggeri è un nuovo calciatore della Salernitana" (in Italian). Tutto Salernitana. 27 July 2021.
- "M. RUGGERI". Soccerway. Retrieved 26 July 2021.