Metropolitan Borough of Fulham

The Metropolitan Borough of Fulham was a Metropolitan borough in the County of London between 1900 and 1965, when it was merged with the Metropolitan Borough of Hammersmith to form the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham. It was a riverside borough, and comprised the many centuries-long definition of Fulham so included parts often considered of independent character today Walham Green, Parsons Green, Hurlingham, Sands End and that part of Chelsea Harbour west of Counter's Creek. The SW6 postal district approximately follows this as does the direct, though less empowered, predecessor Fulham civil parish.

Fulham

Fulham Town Hall

Fulham within the County of London
History
  Created1900
  Abolished1965
  Succeeded byLondon Borough of Hammersmith
StatusMetropolitan borough
GovernmentFulham Borough Council
  HQFulham Broadway
  MottoPro Civibus et Civitate (For the citizens and the city)

Coat of arms of the borough council