Midlands West (European Parliament constituency)
Midlands West was a constituency of the European Parliament in the United Kingdom which existed from 1979 to 1999, prior to its adoption of proportional representation. It elected one Member of the European Parliament by the first-past-the-post electoral system.
|European Parliament constituency|
|Member state||United Kingdom|
1979-1984: Dudley East; Dudley West; Halesowen and Stourbridge; Walsall North; Walsall South; Wolverhampton North East; Wolverhampton South East; Wolverhampton South West.
1984-1999: Dudley East; Dudley West; Halesowen and Stourbridge; Warley East; Warley West; Wolverhampton North East; Wolverhampton South East; Wolverhampton South West.
- 1979–1984 Richard Simmonds (Conservative)
- 1984–1986 Terence John Pitt (Labour)
- 1987–1994 John Bird (Labour)
- 1994–1999 Simon Murphy (Labour)
- Cook, Chris (2012-10-02). The Routledge Guide to British Political Archives: Sources since 1945. Routledge. p. 157. ISBN 9781136509612. Retrieved 3 November 2017.