Military Museum of the Legion


The Military Museum of the Legion was established in 1940 to celebrate the Spanish Legion. The Legion and its museum moved to Ceuta in 1956 when Morocco gained independence from Spain. At first the museum was in a small room of the barracks of the 2nd Regiment (Tercio) of the Legion in Dar-Riffien (Tetouan). Upon the Moroccan independence, the museum was moved to the Barracks of El Serrallo but a purpose built building was constructed in 1978 on the Paseo de Colón.[1]

Military Museum of the Legion
Sala-museo de la Legión
Military Museum of the Legion
Established1940
LocationCeuta (Spain)
Coordinates35°53′12″N 5°18′46″W
OwnerMinistry of Defence
WebsiteMuseum site

References

  1. Institute of Military History and Culture Archived 2011-08-23 at the Wayback Machine, accessed November 2012