Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Iran)
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Persian: وزارت امور خارجه Vezārat-e Omūr-e Khārejeh) is an Iranian government ministry headed by the Minister of Foreign Affairs, who is a member of cabinet. The current Minister of Foreign Affairs is Mohammad Javad Zarif, who was approved by the Parliament on 15 August 2013 after being nominated by the President.
|وزارت امور خارجه|
Ministry Building (Shahrbani Palace)
|Jurisdiction||Islamic Republic of Iran|
|Headquarters||National Garden, Tehran|
|Annual budget||25.5 billion Iranian Rial|
Ministers and officials
The first minister of foreign affairs of Iran was Mirza Abdulvahab Khan, who served from 1821 to 1823. The incumbent minister is Mohammad Javad Zarif, who was appointed on 15 August 2013 to succeed Ali Akbar Salehi.
The current officials of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs are:
- Minister of Foreign Affairs — Mohammad Javad Zarif
- Deputy for Political Affairs — Abbas Araghchi
- Deputy for Legal & International Affairs — Mohsen Baharvand
- Deputy for Economic Diplomacy Affairs — Rasoul Mohajer
- Deputy for Consular, Parliament and Iranians Affairs — Kazem Sajjadi
- Deputy for Administrative and Financial Affairs — Hossein Panahi Azar
- Spokesman & Head of the Center for Public and Media Diplomacy — Saeed Khatibzadeh
- Head of the Center for Political and International Studies — Mohammad Kazem Sajjadpour
- The Minister Senior Assistant in Special Political Affairs — Ali Asghar Khaji
Since 5 September 2013, the Ministry has been responsible for the negotiation of the Comprehensive agreement on Iranian nuclear program, which had previously been carried out by the Supreme National Security Council.
- Minister's office
- Foreign Ministry Reception Hall
- Shahrbani Palace
- One of the buildings of the Foreign Ministry
- Entrance of the 8th building
- Entrance of the Main building
- United Nations street
- Politics of Iran
- Foreign relations of Iran
- Minister of Foreign Affairs (Iran)
- Commission of National-Security and Foreign-Policy (of Islamic Parliament of I.R.Iran)
- جزییات تعداد کارمندان دولت در سال ۹۷ Tasnim News
- بودجه وزارت امورخارجه ۱۰۰۰ میلیارد تومان افزایش یافت
- "Iran's Rouhani shifts responsibility for nuclear talks". BBC. 5 September 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Architecture. Pahlavi, before World War II". Encyclopedia Iranica. Retrieved 22 August 2013.