Munger Airport (also known as Safyabad Airport) is an airport located in Munger district in the Indian state of Bihar. The airport is situated at Saifabad, 5 km from the district headquarters of Munger. It is controlled by the Airports Authority of India.
|Owner||Government of Bihar|
|Location||Munger, Bihar, India|
Munger airport is 90 years old. In January 2015, then Chief Minister of the state, Jitan Ram Manjhi announced to develop the airport and start domestic flights. In March 2015, airport renovation work was given to Bihar Rajya Bhavan Nirmaan Nigam. Airport renovation was done at the cost of ₹ 8 crore. Renovated airport lounge and runway was inaugurated by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on 24 May 2016.
- "विकसित कराया जाएगा मुंगेर हवाई अड्डा: मुख्यमंत्री जीतन मांझी". Dainik Bhaskar (in Hindi). Munger. 3 January 2015. Retrieved 30 April 2017.
- "मुंगेर एयरपोर्ट के विकास का रास्ता हुआ साफ़, विस्तार के लिए मिले 6 करोड़". Dainik Bhaskar (in Hindi). Munger. 11 March 2015. Retrieved 26 November 2016.
- "Pep talk". The Telegraph. 25 May 2016. Retrieved 10 May 2018.
- "मुख्यमंत्री ने हवाई अड्डा टर्मिनल का किया उद्घाटन". Dainik Jagran (in Hindi). Munger. 24 May 2016. Retrieved 30 April 2017.
- Kashi Prasad (19 May 2016). "Nitish to open renovated airstrip". The Times of India. Munger. Retrieved 30 April 2017.