NHS Ayrshire and Arran
NHS Ayrshire and Arran is one of the fourteen regions of NHS Scotland. It was formed on 1 April 2004.
|NHS Ayrshire and Arran|
|Established||1 April 2004|
|Headquarters||Dalmellington Road |
- 300 general practitioners and their teams at 90 sites
- 98 community pharmacies
- 160 dentists at more than 70 sites
- 60 ophthalmic practices
- List of hospitals in Scotland (NHS Ayrshire and Arran section)
The Health and Social Care Partnership in Ayrshire and Arran established three community wards to manage high-risk patients with heart problems and diabetes in 2016. This reduced emergency hospital admissions by 40% in the first six months of operation.
Nicola McIvor, catering production & services manager, was awarded Caterer of the Year in April 2017 at the annual Hospital Caterers Association awards. The production and services department won the Staff, Health and Wellbeing award.
- "Contact us". NHS Ayrshire and Arran. Retrieved 16 January 2020.
- "Annual Report and Accounts for the year ended 31 March 2019" (PDF). NHS Ayrshire and Arran. Retrieved 16 January 2020.
- "Introducing NHS Ayrshire & Arran". NHS Ayrshire and Arran. Retrieved 9 July 2014.
- "Key facts about NHS Ayrshire & Arran". NHS Ayrshire and Arran. Retrieved 10 July 2014.
- "NHS Lanarkshire statistics reveal hundreds wait more than eight hours in A&E". Daily Record. 11 July 2015. Retrieved 12 July 2015.
- "Health and Social Care Integration in Scotland: One Year On". Care Home UK. 24 April 2017. Retrieved 27 April 2017.
- "HCA reveals winners of 2017 awards". The Caterer. 7 April 2017. Retrieved 27 April 2017.