NHS Dumfries and Galloway
NHS Dumfries and Galloway is an NHS board serving the Dumfries and Galloway region. It is one of the fourteen regions of NHS Scotland. NHS Dumfries and Galloway provides health care and promotes healthy living for the people of Dumfries and Galloway.
|NHS Dumfries and Galloway|
|Headquarters||Bankend Road |
|Region served||Dumfries and Galloway|
|Area size||6,216 square kilometres|
The board was established following the dissolution of several NHS trusts which provided healthcare services in the Dumfries and Galloway area: Dumfries and Galloway Acute and Maternity Hospitals NHS Trust, Dumfries and Galloway Community Health NHS Trust and Dumfries and Galloway Primary Care NHS Trust, all of which were established in the 1990s and dissolved between 1999 and 2003.
The population served is just 146,500, but within a large geographical area of about 2,400 square miles (6,200 km2). Dumfries and Galloway stretches from Langholm in the East to Stranraer in the West, and from Kirkconnel and Carsphairn in the North down to the Solway Coast. There are a number of Community Hospitals throughout the region, and an intermediate unit (including maternity services and medical & surgical beds) in Stranraer.
The board has been building an electronic shared cared record using Graphnet software which is designed to integrate primary and secondary care data for its patients in real time using its software.
Its headquarters are at Crichton Hall, Dumfries.
Dumfries and Galloway Royal Infirmary • Midpark Hospital
Annan Hospital • Castle Douglas Hospital • Galloway Community Hospital, Stranraer • Kirkcudbright Hospital • Lochmaben Hospital • Moffat Hospital • Newton Stewart Hospital • Thomas Hope Hospital, Langholm • Thornhill Hospital
- New wing of Dumfries and Galloway Royal Infirmary.
- Main Entrance Dumfries and Galloway Royal Infirmary
- "About Us". NHS Dumfries and Galloway. Retrieved 3 January 2020.
- "Annual Report and Accounts For Year Ended 31 March 2019" (PDF). NHS Dumfries and Galloway. Retrieved 3 January 2020.
- "The National Health Service Trusts (Dissolution) (Scotland) Order 1999". legislation.gov.uk. Retrieved 5 February 2020.
- "The Borders and Dumfries and Galloway National Health Service Trusts (Dissolution) Order 2003". legislation.gov.uk. Retrieved 5 February 2020.
- Dumfries and Galloway NHS – About Us
- "Scottish NHS overhauls care record system". ITProPortal. 17 July 2014. Retrieved 9 March 2016.