Amgueddfa Cymru – National Museum Wales
- National Museum Cardiff – formerly the National Museum of Wales
- St Fagans National Museum of History, Cardiff
- Big Pit National Coal Museum, Blaenavon
- National Wool Museum, Dre-fach Felindre near Llandysul
- National Slate Museum, Llanberis
- National Roman Legion Museum, Caerleon
- National Waterfront Museum, Swansea
In addition to these sites, the organisation runs Oriel y Parc, a gallery of Welsh landscape art in St David's, in partnership with the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Authority. The National Collections Centre in Nantgarw is AC-NMW's storage facility.
In 2021 National Museums Wales was found to be "systemically racist" in a report which concluded that the Welsh-speaking requirements at it and the Arts Council of Wales limited opportunities for ethnic minorities, leading to a perception that "Welsh means white".