Northaw is a village in the Welwyn Hatfield district of Hertfordshire, England. It is part of the civil parish of Northaw and Cuffley (where at the 2011 Census the population was included), which was originally known as Northaw.
The parish had a population of 5,190 according to the 2001 census, most of whom live in Cuffley. It formed part of the Metropolitan Police District until 2000. The village has a population of around 450 people.
Northaw Church of England Primary School was founded in 1879 and the trust deed, which is the school's Christian foundation, remains integral to the ethos and beliefs of the school community. The school is a Voluntary Aided School and is part of the family of the Diocese of St Albans.
The parish church of Thomas à Becket is Grade II listed. Built in 1881, by C. Kirk and Son of Sleaford, replacing church of 1809. The north aisle was added in 1887, with choir and vestry added in 1893. The church has complete and original stained glass. The east window is signed Ward Hughes 1882, the west window Ward & Hughes 1887 and the three north aisle windows c. 1895 are by Heaton, Butler and Bayne.
A Northaw ex-resident was former cabinet minister Cecil Parkinson.