|Headquarters||London and New York|
|James Endersby (CEO & President), Giulia Prati (VP Research, US), Emily Dickinson (Director), Wez Eathorne (Director), Alexa Nightingale (Director), Steve Looney (Director), Kate Jalie (Director), Rhys Jones (Director)|
|Services||Brand & Communications Research
Product & Service Development Research Stakeholder ResearchThought Leadership Research
Number of employees
- Brand & Communications
- Product & Service Development
- Stakeholder Research
- Thought Leadership
It is chiefly known for its full service market research and insight consultancy for clients ranging from Vodafone, Unilever, Santander, MetLife, Dawn Foods, Direct Line Insurance, Itsu, Next, Amnesty International, to the London School of Economics and Canderel.
The agency also works in the political space and conducts political polls on behalf of the Guardian US in the United States and The Observer, The Guardian's Sunday edition in the United Kingdom Opinium's most recent success in political polling came at the 2019 UK General Election where they were the most accurate agency, calling the actual results. In the 2016 EU Referendum, Opinium were the only agency to predict the eventual outcome with the smallest error. As well as political surveys, Opinium also explore topical social and political issues.
Opinium has also been celebrated for being a great place to work for employees and currently hold three best place to work awards, including the Women in Research Best Place to Work Globally 2019 and The Drum Agency Business Awards Great Place to Work 2018 and 2019. They have also won the UK Market Research Society Best Place to Work Award a record three times. Opinium are also ranked the 9th Best Place to Work in the UK (SME), and ranked 2nd for the Best Workplace for Women.
Political poll archive
The company has freely available political voting intention polls on their website along with results from regular surveys conducted on current and topical events.
- Election results 2019: Opinion poll accuracy holds up
- Performance of the polls in the EU referendum
- Marketing research
- "Opinium opens New York office | News". Research Live. Retrieved 2020-10-15.
- "opinium officecaddress - Google Search". www.google.com. Retrieved 2020-10-15.
- "Daily Research News Online no. 11041 - Opinium Appoints New MD". www.mrweb.com. Retrieved 2020-10-15.
- "What we do". Opinium. Retrieved 2020-10-15.
- "Case Studies Archive". Opinium. Retrieved 2020-10-15.
- office, GNM press (2020-07-08). "Nine in ten Americans agree that racism and police violence are a problem according to new poll by Opinium and Guardian US". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2020-10-15.
- "Observer/Opinium Polls". BBC News. 2009-07-10. Retrieved 2010-09-16.
- "Election results 2019: Opinion poll accuracy holds up". BBC News. 2019-12-14. Retrieved 2020-10-15.
- "Performance of the polls in the EU referendum".
- "Best Place to Work Awards". www.womeninresearch.org. Retrieved 2020-10-15.
- [email protected] (2019-06-25). "Agency Business Awards 2019". The Drum Awards. Retrieved 2020-10-15.
- katy.thomson_1012 (2018-02-20). "Agency Business Awards 2018". The Drum Awards. Retrieved 2020-10-15.
- "Research Live Awards | Market Research Society". Market Research Society. Retrieved 2020-10-15.
- "UK's Best Workplaces: Small Category - Great Place to Work® UK - Building and recognising successful workplaces". www.greatplacetowork.co.uk. Retrieved 2018-10-25.
- "UK's Best Workplaces for Women: Small Category - Great Place to Work® UK - Building and recognising successful workplaces". www.greatplacetowork.co.uk. Retrieved 2018-10-25.
- "Register of MRS Company Partners – Full A-Z Listing | Market Research Society | Market Research Society". Market Research Society. Retrieved 2018-10-25.
- "Officers / Members". The British Polling Council. Retrieved 2017-11-18.
- "Election Polling Centre". opinium. Retrieved 2013-01-14.