Order of the Heavenly Hundred Heroes
The Order of the Heaven's Hundred Heroes (Ukrainian: Орден Героїв Небесної Сотні) is an order of Ukraine presented for civil courage, patriotism and the defense of the constitutional principles of democracy, human rights and freedom; humanitarian, social and charitable activities; selfless service to the Ukrainian people during the Euromaidan-protests; as well as any events related to the protection of the independence, sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine.
|Order of the Heaven's Hundred Heroes|
|Awarded for||Defending principles of democracy, human rights and freedom during the Euromaidan-protests|
|Motto||Freedom and Dignity|
|Established||1 July 2014|
|First awarded||27 November 2014|
|Total awarded posthumously||4|
|Next (higher)||Order of Bohdan Khmelnytsky|
|Next (lower)||Order For Courage|
The name "Heaven's Hundred" refers to the participants killed during Euromaidan.
The order was established on 1 July 2014 when the Verkhovna Rada (the parliament of Ukraine) adopted the Law "On amendments to article 7 of the Law of Ukraine "On National Awards of Ukraine". On 26 June 2014, Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko first proposed to parliament to amend the law on government awards by introducing the Order of the Heroes of the Heaven's Hundred.
A nationwide contest for the best design of the Order of Heroes hundreds of Heaven was won by Taras Wozniak and Konstantina Kovalyshyn from Lviv.
- Belarus — Mikhail Zhyznevskyi (26 January 1988 – 22 January 2014), shot in the heart
- Georgia — Zurab Khurtsia (29 July 1960 – 18 February 2014), died of heart attack during demonstrations in Independence Square
- Georgia — David Kipiani (28 June 1980 – 21 February 2014), shot twice
- Ukraine — Taras Bilchuk (1960 – 14 August 2017)
- Parliament supported President’s initiative on the establishment of order of Heroes of Nebesna Sotnya // Official web-site of the President of Ukraine, 01.07.2014
- The VR has established an order of "Heroes of Heavenly hundred", NovostiMira (1 July 2014)
- (in Ukrainian) The Council established the Order of Heroes Hundreds of Heaven, Ukrayinska Pravda (1 July 2014)
- The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine established the order of the Characters hundreds of Heaven, news.rin.ru (1 July 2014)
- The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine adopted the Law “On amendments to article 7 of the Law of Ukraine “On National Awards of Ukraine” (re establishing the order of the Heavenly Hundred Heroes), Verkhovna Rada (1 July 2014)
- Poroshenko asks Rada to introduce Order of Heroes of Heavenly Hundred, Kyiv Post (26 June 2014)
- (in Ukrainian) Winners of the All-Ukrainian contest sketch of the Order of Heroes Hundreds of Heaven - the press service of the Ministry of Culture., uapress (5 August 2014)
- (in Ukrainian) The Rada established the Order of Heroes hundreds of Heaven, Vysoky Zamok (newspaper) (1 July 2014)
- (in Ukrainian) Президент нагородив орденами Героїв Небесної Сотні трьох іноземців, які загинули під час Революції Гідності // Офіційне інтернет-представництво Президента України Archived 2014-12-31 at the Wayback Machine
- (in Ukrainian) Тарас Більчук був надзвичайно світлою людиною — Президент вручив орден Героїв Небесної Сотні доньці активіста // Офіційне інтернет-представництво Президента України, 18 лютого 2018 р.