Outline of public affairs
The following outline is provided as an overview of and topical guide to public affairs:
Essence of public affairs
- Public – in public relations and communication science, the contexts of "public" are:
- Publics – groups of individuals
- The public (a.k.a."the general public") – the totality of such groups.
- Affairs – professional, personal, or public business matters.
Branches of public affairs
- Public policy – principled guide to action taken by the administrative or executive branches of the state with regard to a class of issues in a manner consistent with law and institutional customs. Public policy is commonly embodied "in constitutions, legislative acts, and judicial decisions."
- Public administration – implementation of government policy and an academic discipline that studies this implementation and that prepares civil servants for this work.
General public affairs concepts
- State (polity), Sovereign state, government
- Regulation, Deregulation
- Public policy degrees
- Schuster, W. Michael (2008-12-31). "Schuster II, W. Michael, "For the Greater Good: The Use of Public Policy Considerations in Confirming Chapter 11 Plans of Reorganization"". Papers.ssrn.com. SSRN 1368469. Cite journal requires
- "Random House Unabridged Dictionary". Dictionary.infoplease.com. Retrieved 2013-06-20.