Parliament Buildings (Northern Ireland)

Parliament Buildings, often referred to as Stormont because of its location in the Stormont Estate area of Belfast, is the seat of the Northern Ireland Assembly, the devolved legislature for the region. The purpose built building, designed by Arnold Thornely, and constructed by Stewart & Partners, was opened by Edward, Prince of Wales (later King Edward VIII), in 1932.

Parliament Buildings
Stormont
LocationStormont Estate, Belfast
Coordinates54.6050°N 5.8321°W / 54.6050; -5.8321
Built1933
ArchitectSir Arnold Thornely
Architectural style(s)Greek classical style
Listed Building – Grade A
Official nameParliament building, walls & lamp standards
Designated13 March 1987
Reference no.HB26/13/013[1]

The Executive or government is located at Stormont Castle. In March 1987, the main Parliament Building became a Grade A Listed building.[1]