Parus Business Centre
The Parus Business Centre (Ukrainian: Бізнес Центр «Парус») is a 34-story class-A office building in Kyiv, the capital of Ukraine. It is located at the very centre of the city, between Mechnikova St. and Lesi Ukrainky Blvd. (municipal address: 2, Mechnikova St.).
|Parus Business Centre|
|Antenna spire||156 m (512 ft)|
|Roof||136 m (446 ft)|
|Floor area||69,020 m2 (742,900 sq ft)[a]|
|Lifts/elevators||8 + 1 fire and freight elevators|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||S. Babushkin and A. Komarovskyi|
|Developer||Mandaryn Plaza Ltd.|
At its opening in 2007 the Parus Business Centre was the highest building it the country, as of 2018 it remains the third highest.
Construction of the building began in 2004, and ended in February 2007. Apart from its main office use 50,400 m2 (543,000 sq ft), the property features some 2,400 m2 (26,000 sq ft) of retail space and around 2,700 m2 (29,000 sq ft) of cafes and restaurants and a 4-story underground parking garage with a capacity for 300 cars.
While still on the construction stage, the project was also known as "Elsburg Plaza" (Ukrainian: «Ельсбург Плаза»), but was later renamed to "Parus" (literally translated as "sail") ostensibly because of building's oval-like shape, resembling sail of a ship.
Major tenants at Parus include McKinsey & Company, Concorde Capital, an investment bank; TNK-BP, an oil company; Olimp, Ukrainian spirits company; Delin Development, a real estate development company; Interpipe, steel pipes producer and others. Colliers International, a commercial real estate services company, was an exclusive leasing agent for Parus.
Parus was developed and is owned by "Mandaryn Plaza Ltd." (Ukrainian: ЗАТ «Мандарин Плаза»), a joint-stock company, prominent for its homonymous high-end shopping center in the center of Kyiv. From 2007 to 2016 the building was owned by Ukrainian businessman, Dmytro Firtash.
This section contains an unencyclopedic or excessive gallery of images.
a. ^ The figure is the total area of ground floors only. The total gross building area (GBA) of Parus, including underground parking garage comes to ca. 75,000 sqm (ca. 807,300 sqf).
- Parus Business Center (2007-02-01). БЦ Парус введен в эксплуатацию (in Russian). Retrieved 2009-01-06.
- "Ukraine This Week - Construction". 2000 Weekly (in Russian). № 40 (384). October 5–11, 2007. Retrieved 2009-01-13. [dead link]
- "Parus Business Center, Kyiv". SkyscraperPage.com. Retrieved 2009-01-06.
- "Parus Business Center" (in Russian). Architectural Union home page. Archived from the original on 2008-08-27. Retrieved 2009-01-06.
- Parus Business Center. "Technical Specifications" (in Russian). Retrieved 2009-01-06.
- Parus Business Center. "About the Project" (in Russian). Retrieved 2009-01-06.
- "Completed Projects - Civil Construction" (in Russian). Osonova Solsif home page. Archived from the original on September 28, 2008. Retrieved 2009-01-10.
- Romaniv, Yaroslav; Sadovaya, Zinaida (March 24, 2008). "The Duck Test". Commercial Real Estate (in Russian). Archived from the original on September 10, 2011. Retrieved 2009-01-08.
- Parus Business Center. "Location" (in Russian). Retrieved 2009-01-10.
- "Company News". Commercial Property (in Russian). №4 (4). December 2003. Archived from the original on 2011-08-13. Retrieved 2009-01-08.
- "About the publication". Kontrakty (in Ukrainian). Retrieved 2009-01-08.
- Irha, Larysa (July 14, 2008). "Top 10 Most Expensive Offices in Kyiv". Kontrakty (in Ukrainian). Retrieved 2009-01-08.
- "Contact". Concorde Capital home page. Archived from the original on 2010-09-11. Retrieved 2009-01-08.
- "Contact information". TNK-BP Commerce home page. Archived from the original on 2005-10-27. Retrieved 2009-01-08.
- "Contacts - Main Office" (in Russian). Olimp home page. Archived from the original on 2009-05-19. Retrieved 2009-01-08.
- "Contact Us". Delin Development home page. Archived from the original on 2009-03-29. Retrieved 2009-01-08.
- Фірташ продав бізнес-центр "Парус" у Києві - ЗМІ. UNIAN (in Ukrainian). October 13, 2016. Retrieved 2018-09-15.