Pavel Filip (born April 10, 1966, Pănășești, Strășeni) is an engineer and politician from the Republic of Moldova. In 2001–2008 he was the director of the Joint-stock company "Bucuria" and in 2008–2011, general manager of Tutun-CTC joint stock company. Then, was Minister of Information and Communication Technology in the Governments headed by Filat (2), Leancă, Gaburici, and Streleț since January 14, 2011 when he replaced Alexander Oleinic (2009–2011) and by his investment at the prime minister position on January 20, 2016. He was the deputy chairman of the Democrat Party (DPM). On September 7, 2019 at the IXth Congress of the DPM was elected for the position of the chairman of the Party.
|Member of the Moldovan Parliament|
|Assumed office |
24 February 2019
|12th Prime Minister of Moldova|
20 January 2016 – 8 June 2019
|Preceded by||Valeriu Streleț|
|Succeeded by||Maia Sandu|
|Minister of Informational Technologies and Communications|
14 January 2011 – 20 January 2016
|President||Marian Lupu (Acting)|
|Prime Minister||Vladimir Filat|
Natalia Gherman (Acting)
Gheorghe Brega (Acting)
|Preceded by||Alexandru Oleinic|
|Succeeded by||Vasile Botnari|
|Born||10 April 1966|
Pănășești, Moldavian SSR, Soviet Union (now Moldova)
|Political party||Democratic Party (PDM)|
|Alliance for European|
Political Alliance for a
European Moldova (2015)
Alliance for European
Integration III (2015–present)
|Alma mater||Technical University of Moldova|
From June 9 to June 15, during 2019 Moldovan constitutional crisis, Pavel Filip was acting president of Moldova.
Between 1983 and 1990, he studied at the Polytechnic Institute of Chișinău. He got the qualification of the mechanical engineer. Then, he changed his specialization and, in 1991–1996, he got the bachelor's degree in International Management from the International Management Institute in Chișinău.
- 1991–1993, Head of Compressor Division of JSC "Bucuria"
- 1993–1994, Director of the Production Department JSC "Bucuria"
- 1998–2001, Chief Engineer of JSC "Bucuria", Deputy General Manager for Production and Technology Issues
- 2001–2008, General Manager of JSC "Bucuria"
- 2008–2011, General Manager of SC "TUTUN-CTC"
In 2010, Pavel Filip joined the DPM, because of which he was included in the candidates' list for the early parliamentary elections of November 28, 2010. Prior to joining the Democratic Party, according to the Liberal Democratic Party of Moldova (LDPM) leader, Vlad Filat, within „In depth” TV program (October 2007), Pavel Filip took a part of the initiative group for the LDPM establishing, together with other personalities. Pavel Filip began his political career on January 14, 2011, when he was appointed as minister of the Ministry of Information Technology and Communications.
On January 14, 2016, when the candidature of Vladimir Plahotniuc (from the DPM side) for the prime-minister position of the Republic of Moldova was rejected, the Presindent Nicolae Timofti has appointed the Secretary General of the President's Office, Ion Păduraru, as candidate for the position of the prime minister. Instantly, one some media agencies have wrote that Păduraru's name appears in the Vlad Filat dossier, more precisely in Ilan Shor's self-denouncing statement. The next day, less than 12 hours after President Nicolae Timofti has appointed the Păduraru candidature for the prime minister position, the DPM leader, Marian Lupu submitted a request stating that the party did not agree with Păduraru's designation and demanded the revocation of the presidential decree on the candidate with the promise that a candidate's short list will be submitted in the near future, and shortly, he submitted his own candidate for the prime minister position, and namely, Pavel Filip, deputy chairman of the DPM and Minister of Information Technology and Communications. In a little while, Ion Păduraru announced that he was withdrawing his candidacy from the post of prime minister in favor of Pavel Filip, and according to other sources, President Nicolae Timofti canceled the appointment decree of his counselor Ion Păduaru as candidate for the position of prime minister. After that, the President had designated Pavel Filip as candidate for prime minister position, motivating that he made this decision "following the proposal made by the parliamentary majority of 55 MPs."
The Pavel Filip's government was voted and invested in office despite popular protests held on January 20, 2016, after 16 PM, with the vote of 57 deputies out of 101, without finalizing the presentation of the government program and skipping the questions and answers part, because of the SPRM MPs' protest that held with the parliamentary tribune blocking, which generated a scandal. The new Cabinet of Ministers took the oath in front of the President Nicolae Timofti close to midnight.
According to the polls made in 2019 related to the most respected politicians of the Republic of Moldova, Pavel Filip has only 3,5% of trust. In other polls he is placed at the fourth position and fifth position.
He is married to Tatiana Filip, and has two sons, Iulian and Dumitru. Outside of the Romanian language, he is fluent in Russian language and English.
In 2013, he was awarded the Medal of the International Telecommunication Union – for the contribution in building of the information society. On July 23, 2014, the President Nicolae Timofti awarded him the Order of Work Glory as a sign of high appreciation of the contribution to the promotion of the reforms based on European values and standards, for special merits in ensuring the negotiation, signing and ratification of the Association Agreement Republic of Moldova - the European Union, the contribution to visa liberalization with the EU Member States and the Schengen Area, and strong efforts in increasing the international prestige of the country.
- "Ultima ora! Noul lider al Partidului Democrat este Pavel Filip", Pro TV, retrieved September 7, 2019
- Natalia Munteanu (January 21, 2016), "Cine este Pavel Filip: ministru fără întrerupere de 5 ani, fost şef al bomboanelor "Bucuria"", Adevărul, retrieved July 26, 2019
- "Detaliul CURIOS din biografia lui Pavel Filip. Câți ani a studiat la Politehnică", Ziarulnational.md/detaliul-curios-din-biografia-lui-pavel-filip-cati-ani-a-studiat-la-politehnica/, retrieved July 26, 2019
- "Pavel Filip - alegeri.md", Alegeri.md/w/pavel_filip, retrieved July 26, 2019
- "Președintele Timofti l-a desemnat pe domnul Ion Păduraru în calitate de candidat la funcția de prim-ministru", Presedinte.md/rom/comunicate-de-presa/presedintele-timofti-l-a-desemnat-pe-domnul-ion-paduraru-in-calitate-de-candidat-la-functia-de-prim-ministru, retrieved July 26, 2019
- "Cine este Ion Păduraru, candidatul desemnat de către Timofti la funcția de premier", UNIMEDIA, retrieved July 26, 2019
- https://facebook. Com/primelestiri (January 15, 2016), "Democrații au înaintat un alt candidat la funcţia de Premier", PRIME.MD - Prima televiziune din Moldova, retrieved July 26, 2019
- https://www. Zdg. Md/author/tatiana-Beghiu (January 15, 2016), "Ion Păduraru se retrage în favoarea lui Pavel Filip", Ziarul de Gardă, retrieved July 26, 2019
- Doina Stimpovschii (January 15, 2016), "Ion Păduraru renunţă la candidatură. Pavel Filip rămâne candidatul majorităţii parlamentare", Adevărul, retrieved July 26, 2019
- "Președintele Timofti l-a desemnat pe domnul Pavel Filip în calitate de candidat la funcția de prim-ministru", Presedinte.md/rom/presa/presedintele-timofti-l-a-desemnat-pe-domnul-pavel-filip-in-calitate-de-candidat-la-functia-de-prim-ministru, retrieved July 26, 2019
- "AVEM GUVERN! Pavel Filip, noul PREMIER al Republicii Moldova, cu votul a 57 de deputați (VIDEO)", realitatea.md, January 20, 2016, retrieved July 26, 2019
- "(foto) OFICIAL! Jurământ la miez de noapte! Membrii cabinetului Filip au fost la Președinție", UNIMEDIA, retrieved July 26, 2019
- "Partidele care ar ajunge in legislativ daca duminica viitoare ar avea loc alegeri parlamentare. Top trei politicieni care se bucura de cea mai mare incredere. Sondaj iData", protv.md, retrieved February 13, 2019
- "SONDAJ // Câte mandate de deputat ar obține PSRM, "ACUM" și PD în cricumscripția națională: Partidul Șor, la limită. Cei mai mulți respondenți optează pentru vectorul "Pro Moldova"", Ziarulnational.md/sondaj-cate-mandate-de-deputat-ar-obtine-psrm-acum-si-pd-in-cricumscriptia-nationala-partidul-sor-la-limita/, retrieved February 13, 2019
- "Sondaj BOP: Cei mai apreciați politicieni din Republica Moldova", UNIMEDIA, retrieved February 13, 2019
- "Top trei politicieni în care moldovenii au cea mai mare încredere – sondaj", noi.md, retrieved February 13, 2019
- "Sondaj: Cine sunt politicienii în care moldovenii au cea mai mare încredere", stiri.md, retrieved February 13, 2019
- "Apariție RARĂ! Premierul Pavel Filip – de mână cu soția sa, Tatiana!FOTO//", Shok.md, retrieved July 26, 2019
- Guvernul Filip: interese, averi şi afaceri
- "Cine sunt și cu ce se ocupă fiii premierului Pavel Filip - #diez", Diez.md/2016/04/10/cine-sunt-si-cu-ce-se-ocupa-fiii-premierului-pavel-filip/, retrieved July 26, 2019
- "DPRM1253/2014", Legis.md/cautare/getresults?doc_id=40855&lang=ro, retrieved July 26, 2019
| Prime Minister of Moldova