Pleśna, West Pomeranian Voivodeship


Pleśna [ˈplɛɕna] (German: Pleushagen) is a village in the administrative district of Gmina Będzino, within Koszalin County, West Pomeranian Voivodeship, in north-western Poland.[1]

Pleśna

Pleushagen
Village
Pleśna
Pleśna
Coordinates: 54°14′0″N 15°50′13″E
Country Poland
Voivodeship West Pomeranian
CountyKoszalin County
GminaBędzino
Population
30

It is situated in the historic region of Farther Pomerania (Pomorze Tylne) near the Baltic coast, approximately 11 kilometres (7 mi) west of Będzino, 24 km (15 mi) west of Koszalin, and 123 km (76 mi) north-east of the regional capital Szczecin. The village has a population of 30.

The settlement was first mentioned in a 1334 deed, when the estates passed to the possessions held by the Prince-Bishops of Cammin. Before 1945 the area was part of Germany. Under Nazi administration, the place was temporarily renamed Roonshagen and became the site of a Luftwaffe proving ground. For the history of the region, see History of Pomerania.

Notable residents


References