Polish Corridor

The Polish Corridor (German: Polnischer Korridor; Polish: Pomorze, Polski Korytarz), also known as the Danzig Corridor, Corridor to the Sea or Gdańsk Corridor, was a territory located in the region of Pomerelia (Pomeranian Voivodeship, eastern Pomerania, formerly part of West Prussia), which provided the Second Republic of Poland (1920–1939) with access to the Baltic Sea, thus dividing the bulk of Germany (Weimar Republic) from the province of East Prussia. The Free City of Danzig (now the Polish city of Gdańsk) was separate from both Poland and Germany. A similar territory, also occasionally referred to as a corridor, had been connected to the Polish Crown as part of Royal Prussia during the period 1466–1772.[1][2]

The Polish Corridor in 1923–1939
Polish Prussia in 1466–1772
Majority Polish (green) and German areas in the Corridor (German 1910 census).
Percentage of Poles living on the former Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth territories, ca. 1900