Printing House Square


Printing House Square was a London court in the City of London, so called from the former office of the King's Printer which occupied the site. For many years, the office of The Times stood on the site,[1] until it relocated to Gray's Inn Road and later to Wapping. The site has been completely redeveloped.

Printing House Square in 1886
Printing House Square and the Times Office, 1870


References


  1. This article incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain: Gilman, D. C.; Peck, H. T.; Colby, F. M., eds. (1905). "Printing-House Square" . New International Encyclopedia (1st ed.). New York: Dodd, Mead.