Prussian House of Representatives

The Prussian House of Representatives (German: Preußisches Abgeordnetenhaus) was the lower chamber of the Landtag of Prussia (German: Preußischer Landtag), the parliament of Prussia from 1850 to 1918. Together with the upper house, the House of Lords (German: Preußisches Herrenhaus), it formed the Prussian bicameral legislature. The Prussian House of Representatives was established by the Prussian constitution of 5 December 1848, with members elected according to the three-class franchise. At first it was called simply the "Second Chamber," with the name "House of Representatives" (Abgeordnetenhaus) introduced in 1855.

Prussian House of Representatives

Preußisches Abgeordnetenenhaus
Façade on Prinz-Albrecht-Straße, c. 1900
Type
Type
History
Established5 December 1848
Disbanded15 November 1918
Preceded byPrussian estates
Prussian National Assembly
Succeeded byPrussian Landtag

Share this article:

This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Prussian House of Representatives, and is written by contributors. Text is available under a CC BY-SA 4.0 International License; additional terms may apply. Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.