Public Services and Procurement Canada
Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC; French: Services publics et Approvisionnement Canada) is the department of the Government of Canada with responsibility for the government's internal servicing and administration. The department is responsible for the procurement for other government departments and serves as the central purchasing agent, real property manager, treasurer, accountant, pay and pension administrator, integrity adviser and linguistic authority; it was recognized in 2018 as one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers. It is also the custodian of a large real estate portfolio and as well infrastructure such as bridges, dams and highways. While the department's applied title under the Federal Identity Program is Public Services and Procurement Canada, the legal name of the department remains the Department of Public Works and Government Services pursuant to section 3 of the Department of Public Works and Government Services Act.
|Services publics et Approvisionnement Canada|
The department is responsible to Parliament through the minister of public services and procurement and receiver general for Canada – presently Anita Anand. Day-to-day operations and leadership of the department is overseen by the deputy minister, a senior civil servant.
- Chief Information Officer Branch
- Digital Services Branch
- Defence and Marine Procurement
- Finance and Administration
- Human Resources
- Integrated Services
- Legal Services
- Parliamentary Precinct
- Pay Administration
- Policy, Planning and Security
- Real Property
- Receiver General and Pension
Special operating agency
- Translation Bureau
Phoenix Pay System
The Phoenix Pay System is a payroll processing system for federal employees, run by PSPC. After coming online in early 2016, Phoenix has been mired in problems with underpayments, over-payments, and non-payments. As of March 2018, the estimated cost to fix the problems was over $1 billion.
- "Canada's Best Diversity Employers (2019)". www.canadastop100.com. MediaCorp Canada Inc. Retrieved 2019-09-16.
- Branch, Legislative Services (2017-12-14). "Consolidated federal laws of canada, Department of Public Works and Government Services Act". laws-lois.justice.gc.ca. Retrieved 2019-03-06.
- Julie, Ireton (2018-03-28). "Cost of Phoenix federal payroll debacle surpasses $1B". CBC News. Retrieved 2019-04-05.