RadiciGroup is an Italian corporation with a network of production and sales sites located in Europe, North America, South America and Asia. RadiciGroup is one of the world’s leading producers of a wide range of chemical intermediates, polyamide polymers, engineering plastics, synthetic fibres and nonwovens.
|Industry||synthetic fibres and nonwovens, plastics, chemicals|
|Angelo Radici, Paolo Radici, Maurizio Radici|
|Products||for the clothing, sport, furnishings, automotive, electrical/electronic and industrial sectors|
|Revenue||€1.146 billion (2017)|
Number of employees
The headquarters of the Group remain in Bergamo (Italy), specifically in Gandino, where back in 1941 the founder Pietro Radici established the first textile company. Across generations the solid family tradition has into the secret of the Group’s international success.
Since 2018, the company has been one of the main sponsors of Bergamo-based football club Atalanta.
RadiciGroup manages diversified businesses worldwide focused on chemicals, plastics and synthetic fibres with total control over its production chain, from products such as adipic acid, polyamide 6 and polyamide 6.6 to yarns and engineering plastics. This control constitutes one of RadiciGroup's key strengths.
- PA 6 and PA 66 polymers
- adipic acid, nitric acid
- 66 salt
- AGS dicarboxylic acid mixture and dicarboxylic acid esters
- PA6 and PA 66 Engineering Plastics
- PA6 and PA 66 copolymers, PA610, PA510, PA612
- PBT (Polybutylene terephthalate)
- TPEs (Thermoplastic elastomers)
- POM (Polyoxymethylene)
- PA6, PA66, PA610, PA612, PA510 yarns
- Polyester yarns
- PBT – PTT – PP yarns
- PA6 High Tenacity Yarns
- PA66 High Tenacity Yarns
- Textile Tire and Rubber Reinforcement Materials (PA6, PA66, PET, Aramide, Rayon & Hybrids)
- Acrylic Staple fiber, tow and Top.
- Spun bond, PP, PE and PA yarns for artificial grass and synthetic turf
Some applications of fibres include: apparel, home furnishings and automotive interiors, residential and automotive use, tailor-made products for automotive applications, such as tyre cord, airbags, filters, hoses and belts.
RadiciGroup's products are exported all over the world, and are the starting point for developments in the clothing, sport, furnishings, automotive, electrical/electronic and appliances sectors.
History and acquisitions
In the 1980s Radici Chimica S.p.A. came into being following the purchase of an ex-Montedison production site in Novara.
In 2011 RadiciGroup acquired the German dorix GmbH (formerly Selbitzer Chemiefaser GmbH, founded in 1896 under the name of Heinrich Reinhold GmbH & Co. KG), based in Selbitz – Hochfranken, Bavaria. dorix GmbH is the European leader in the production of PA6 staple (dorix®) and PP staple products (reilen).
Accountability, transparency and ethical conduct: these are the cornerstones of the RadiciGroup Sustainability Policy. Sustainable development and corporate social responsibility are the goals of the Group’s business activities, day in and day out. Every year there is a new edition of the Sustainability Report according to the GRI method.
The Group follows the Responsible Care program, a valuable tool that provides the necessary inputs in order to achieve continual, significant and tangible improvements, especially when it forces a company to find and recognize its limitations.
- RadiciGroup Chemicals Area Archived 2013-02-25 at the Wayback Machine
- RadiciGroup Plastics Area Archived 2013-02-12 at the Wayback Machine
- RadiciGroup Fibres Area Archived 2013-02-21 at the Wayback Machine
- dorix® [brand "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-12-22. Retrieved 2013-03-01.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)]
- Sustainability Report Archived 2013-06-22 at the Wayback Machine
- Global Reporting Initiative
- Responsible Care
- REACH is the regulatory authority for Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals.