The village once had a station on the Anglesey Central Railway. Although the tracks still exist, no train has run on them since 1993. Also connected to the railway, was a short south-west facing spur that led to an oil terminal. This was linked to a floating dock in the sea off of Amlwch, where super-tankers could dock in all tides and feed oil via Rhosgoch and a pipeline to Stanlow oil refinery. This operation lasted for 16 years between 1974 and 1990.
- "114" (Map). Anglesey. 1:50,000. Landranger. Ordnance Survey. 2016. ISBN 9780319262122.
- Bridge, Mike (2013). Railway track diagrams; Book 4 - Midlands & North West (3 ed.). Bradford on Avon: Trackmaps. p. 37A. ISBN 978-0-9549866-7-4.
- Scotchman, Ian (June 1994). "Rail Route Changes". The Railway Magazine. Vol. 140 no. 1118. London: IPC Media. p. 20. ISSN 0033-8923.
- "Anglesey Marine Terminal". www.amlwchhistory.co.uk. Retrieved 29 July 2017.