|Full name||Ryan David Edmondson|
|Date of birth||20 May 2001|
|Place of birth||Harrogate, England|
Fleetwood Town |
(on loan from Leeds United)
|2020–2021||→ Aberdeen (loan)||14||(2)|
|2021||→ Northampton Town (loan)||20||(2)|
|2021-||→ Fleetwood Town (loan)||0||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18:04, 3 June 2021 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 00:55, 11 October 2019 (UTC)
Edmondson joined York City's academy in 2015 after being rejected by Huddersfield Town. He made his first-team debut in the National League North on 7 October 2017, when being substituted on in the 72nd minute in a 2–1 home win over Brackley Town. At the age of 16 years and 140 days, he became the third youngest player in the club's history.
Edmondson was signed by Championship club Leeds United on 15 November 2017, on a scholarship contract until June 2020 for an undisclosed fee. After impressing in the youth teams during the spring, Edmondson debuted for Leeds in the Championship on the last day of the season, 6 May 2018, as a 73rd-minute substitute in a 2–0 home victory against Queens Park Rangers, at 16 years of age.
Edmondson signed a new three-year contract with Leeds on 7 August 2018 and made one league appearance as a substitute for the first team but thrived in the under-23s, netting 18 times during the 2018–19 season and, on 6 May, was part of the under-23s team who won the Professional Development League (Category 2) final in a 4–2 penalty shootout win (0–0 after extra time) versus Birmingham.
Loan to Aberdeen
On 31 July 2020, he joined Scottish Premiership side Aberdeen on loan until January 2021. His debut for Aberdeen came in their first game of the season as a 65th-minute substitute in a 1–0 defeat at home to Rangers. Soon afterwards he sustained an ankle injury in training, which was expected to prevent him from playing for a few months, however he made an earlier than expected return, coming on as a substitute against Motherwell on 20 September 2020. He scored his first goals for Aberdeen when he scored twice in a 4–2 win over Hamilton Academical on 20 October 2020. He returned to Leeds United at the end of his loan in January 2021.
Loan to Northampton Town
On 14 January 2021, Edmondson joined Northampton Town on loan for until the end of the 2020-21 season.
Loan to Fleetwood Town
On 1 September 2019, Edmondson received his first international call up as a member of the England U19s squad. He scored on debut wearing the number 9 shirt in the 3–1 win against Greece U19 on 5 September.
- As of match played 24 April 2021
|Club||Season||League||National Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
|York City||2017–18||National League North||1||0||0||0||—||—||1||0|
|Aberdeen (loan)||2020–21||Scottish Premiership||14||2||0||0||1||0||1||0||16||2|
|Northampton Town (loan)||2020–21||League One||20||2||0||0||0||0||0||0||20||2|
- Appearance in UEFA Europa League
- "Club list of registered players: As at 19th May 2018" (PDF). English Football League. p. 22. Retrieved 15 June 2018.
- "Player profile: Ryan Edmondson". York City F.C. Archived from the original on 16 September 2017.
- Cross, Beren (24 March 2018). "Who is Ryan Edmondson and what could he bring to Leeds United's first team?". Leeds Live. MGN. Retrieved 6 May 2018.
- "Ryan Edmondson: This is a great opportunity". Leeds United F.C. 16 November 2017. Retrieved 6 May 2018.
- Appleyard, Ian (15 November 2017). "Ryan Edmondson moves to Leeds". York City F.C. Retrieved 6 May 2018.
- Appleyard, Ian (15 November 2017). "Edmondson pays tribute to City". York City F.C. Retrieved 6 May 2018.
- Appleyard, Ian (7 October 2017). "City joy as Parkin hits late winner". York City F.C. Retrieved 6 May 2018.
- "Leeds complete Ryan Edmondson deal". Leeds United F.C. 15 November 2017. Retrieved 6 May 2018.
- Urquhart, Joe (6 April 2018). "Leeds United: Youngster Ryan Edmondson impressing Whites boss". Yorkshire Evening Post. Leeds. Retrieved 6 May 2018.
- "Report: Leeds United 2–0 Queens Park Rangers". Leeds United F.C. 6 May 2018. Retrieved 6 May 2018.
- Hay, Phil (7 August 2018). "Striker Edmondson agrees new Leeds United contract". Yorkshire Evening Post. Leeds. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
- Joe Urquhart (6 May 2019). "Penalty shoot-out drama sees Leeds United win PDL play-off final". Yorkshire Evening Post. Retrieved 10 May 2019.
- "Aberdeen: Ryan Edmondson signs on loan from Leeds United". BBC Sport. 31 July 2020. Retrieved 31 July 2020.
- "Aberdeen 0–1 Rangers: Steven Gerrard says win is 'a marker' for season". BBC Sport. 2 August 2020. Retrieved 3 August 2020.
- Smyth, Graham (1 August 2020). "'He's an absolute brute' - Leeds striker Edmondson makes Aberdeen debut against Rangers". Yorkshire Evening Post. Leeds. Retrieved 3 August 2020.
- Lindsay, Matthew (12 August 2020). "Aberdeen's striker crisis deepens as Leeds United loanee Ryan Edmondson is ruled out for up to four months". The Herald.
- Wallace, Sean (22 September 2020). "Aberdeen's Ryan Edmondson ready to embrace pressure of starting against Sporting Lisbon". Evening Express. Retrieved 25 September 2020.
- "Aberdeen 4-2 Hamilton". BBC. 20 October 2020. Retrieved 21 October 2020.
- Challies, Josh (10 January 2021). "Aberdeen confirm Ryan Edmondson's Leeds United return as loan ends". LeedsLive. Retrieved 15 January 2021.
- "'Aggressive' Edmondson fits the bill for Curle and Cobblers as Leeds youngster joins on loan". Northampton Chronicle. 14 January 2021.
- "Fleetwood sign forward Edmondson on loan". BBC Sport. Retrieved 11 June 2021.
- "RYAN EDMONDSON NAMED IN ENGLAND U19S SQUAD". Leeds United. 1 September 2019.
- "Young Lions kick-off new season at St George's Park". TheFA.com. 5 September 2019.
- For league game: "R. Edmondson: Summary". Soccerway. Perform Group. Retrieved 6 May 2018.
For FA Cup second qualifying round: Flett, Dave (17 September 2017). "York City dig deep to progress in FA Cup amid the Salford rubble". The Press. York. Retrieved 29 September 2018.
For FA Cup third qualifying round: Flett, Dave (1 October 2017). "Poor Shaftesbury Avenue show sees curtain come down on Gary Mills' second spell as York City manager". The Press. York. Retrieved 29 September 2018.
- "Games played by Ryan Edmondson in 2017/2018". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 6 May 2018.
- "Games played by Ryan Edmondson in 2018/2019". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 14 July 2019.
- "Games played by Ryan Edmondson in 2019/2020". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 1 August 2020.
- "Games played by Ryan Edmondson in 2020/2021". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 1 August 2020.