Hippodrome de Saint-Cloud is a grass race course for Thoroughbred flat horse racing opened in 1901 at 1 rue du Camp Canadien in Saint-Cloud near Paris, France. During World War 1, the race course site housed the No. 4 Canadian Stationary Hospital operated by the Canadian Army Medical Corp. On July 8, 1916 the No. 4 CSH was elevated to the No. 8 Canadian General Hospital and operated until decommissioned in 1919. The facilities were built by politician and Thoroughbred owner/breeder Edmond Blanc (1856–1920) in whose honor the Prix Edmond Blanc was established in 1921.
The Hippodrome de Saint-Cloud is host to a number of important races including the Group One Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud held at the end of June/first week of July each year, and the Critérium de Saint-Cloud run each November.
In 1992, the government declared Hippodrome de Saint-Cloud an official Monument historique.
- "War Diaries of the First World War". www.data4.collectionscanada.ca.
- 1924 Olympics official report. p. 528. (in French)
- Information from the French Ministère de la Culture et de la Communication (in French)
- Profile of Prix Edmond Blanc (in French)