Satish Manwar is an Indian film director and screenwriter. He grew up in a rural Maharashtra and moved to Pune to learn drama at Center for Performing Arts, commonly known as Lalit Kala Kendra, at Pune University. After receiving his M.A. in 1998, he moved to Mumbai to work as an assistant editor and assistant director. He along with his fellow friends and alumni of Lalit Kala Kendra co-founded a theatre group called Lalit Mumbai.
Satish Manwar at a Film Festival in Vesoul, France (2010)
|Born||30 September[year missing]|
His work often deals with the differences between rural and urban areas.
|2013||Tuhya dharma koncha?||Director||2013 National Film Award for Best Film on Social Issues|
- "Satish Manwar". IFFR. 4 September 2015. Retrieved 27 December 2019.
- Bastian. "Satish Manwar - Festival des Cinémas d'Asie de Vesoul". www.cinemas-asie.com (in French). Retrieved 27 December 2019.
- "'Festival Performing Arts' (Plays, Concerts and Dance) from November 8-14 2006..." www.MumbaiTheatreGuide.com. Retrieved 27 December 2019.
- "Akshay Pendse's Lalit Kala Kendra friends recall his passion for acting". mid-day. 25 December 2012. Retrieved 27 December 2019.
- "नाटकवेडे". Loksatta (in Marathi). 6 May 2017. Retrieved 27 December 2019.
- Nov 21, SHANTA GOKHALESHANTA GOKHALE | Updated; 2007; Ist, 02:56. "Much ado about money". Mumbai Mirror. Retrieved 27 December 2019.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- "61st National Film Awards for 2013 Announced". Press Information Bureau Government of India Ministry of Information & Broadcasting. 16 April 2014.