Scottish Affairs Select Committee
The Scottish Affairs Select Committee is a select committee of the House of Commons in the Parliament of the United Kingdom. The remit of the Committee is to examine the expenditure, administration and policy of the Office of the Secretary of State for Scotland (and prior to that, the Scottish Office), and relations with the Scottish Parliament. It also looks at the administration and expenditure of the Advocate General for Scotland.
This article needs to be updated. (January 2020)
|This article is part of a series on the|
|Politics of Scotland|
|Category · Scotland portal|
Following the 2019 general election, the House of Commons appointed the members of the Scottish Affairs committee on 4 May 2020. As of July 2020 the membership is as follows:
Occasionally, the House of Commons orders changes to be made in terms of membership of select committees, as proposed by the Committee of Selection, such changes are shown below.
List of chairs
|William McKelvey||15 July 1992||Elected by the Select Committee|
|Irene Adams||14 July 1997||Elected by the Select Committee|
|Chaudhry Mohammad Sarwar||13 July 2005||Elected by the Select Committee|
|Ian Davidson||10 June 2010||Elected by the House of Commons (uncontested)|
|Pete Wishart||10 June 2015||Elected by the House of Commons (uncontested)|
- UK Parliament - Scottish Affairs Select Committee Home Page
- "Scottish Affairs Committee - Membershi". committees.parliament.uk. Retrieved 5 May 2020.
- "House of Commons - Liaison Committee - First Report". UK Parliament. Retrieved 17 September 2019.
- "Winning candidates for select committee Chairs announced". UK Parliament. Retrieved 17 September 2019.
- "Results of elections for select committee chairs announced". UK Parliament. Retrieved 17 September 2019.