|Date of birth||30 March 1998|
|Place of birth||Modena, Italy|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|2017–2018||→ Ternana (loan)||0||(0)|
|2018–2019||→ Reggina (loan)||31||(1)|
|2020–2021||→ Ravenna (loan)||25||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 2 May 2021|
He is the product of Sassuolo youth teams. He made his debut for Sassuolo's senior team on 3 November 2016 in an 2016–17 UEFA Europa League group stage game against Rapid Wien as an added-time substitute for Grégoire Defrel. He made his first bench appearance in a league game in the 2016–17 Serie A match against Inter on 18 December 2016, and appeared on the bench a handful more times in Serie A and Europa League, but did not see any more playing time for the rest of the season.
Loan to Ternana
On 12 July 2017, he was sent on loan to Serie B club Ternana. He remained on the bench for every Ternana's game, and was eventually recalled to Sassuolo in January 2018. He finished the 2017–18 season in their Under-19 team.
Loan to Reggina
On 6 July 2018, he joined Serie C club Reggina on loan. He made his Serie C debut for Reggina on 18 September 2018 in a game against Trapani as a 71st-minute substitute for Gaetano Navas. He started in the next game against Bisceglie and scored his first goal on 15 October 2018 against Siracusa.
On 12 July 2019, he signed a 3-year contract with Cesena.
On 16 January 2020 he moved to Piacenza.
- "Sassuolo - Rapid game report". UEFA. 3 November 2016.
- "Sassuolo-Inter game report". ESPN. 18 December 2016.
- "Aggiornamenti di calciomercato" (in Italian). Sassuolo. 12 July 2017.
- "Simone Franchini è un giocatore della Reggina" (in Italian). Reggina. 6 July 2018.
- "Game Report by Soccerway". Soccerway. 18 September 2018.
- "CONTRATTO TRIENNALE PER SIMONE FRANCHINI" (Press release) (in Italian). Cesena. 12 July 2019.
- "SIMONE FRANCHINI E' UN GIOCATORE DEL PIACENZA" (Press release) (in Italian). Piacenza. 16 January 2020.
- "Simone Franchini in prestito al Ravenna" (in Italian). Padova. 10 September 2020.