This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2018)
Church of St Mary the Virgin, South Luffenham
|Area||2.25 sq mi (5.8 km2)|
|Population||432 2001 Census|
|• Density||192/sq mi (74/km2)|
|OS grid reference|
|• London||79 miles (127 km) SSE|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
The village has two pubs, the Boot Inn (formerly the Boot and Shoe) and the Coach House (previously the Halfway House), as well as the parish church and the village hall. South Luffenham Hall stands a short distance to the south-east of St Mary's church. There is a ruined windmill to the east of the village.
Luffenham railway station was located to the north of the village and also served the neighbouring village of North Luffenham. The railway station opened in 1848 and closed in 1966. In fact, there were two railway stations in the parish, since Morcott station lay just within the South Luffenham parish boundary.