South New Brighton
South New Brighton is a coastal suburb on the eastern side of Christchurch city.
The suburb was officially named in 1953, after a suggestion that it be called South Brighton was rejected because there is already Brighton near Dunedin.
South Brighton Community Hall opened in 1961. It was damaged by the 2010-2011 earthquakes and demolished. In 2013, a preschool building was moved from QEII Park to the site as a replacement.